Manager – Treasury and Trade Services(919 Views)
About Habib Bank Ltd
With a global presence in over 25 countries spanning across four continents, HBL is expanding its presence in principal international markets including the UK, UAE, South and Central Asia, Africa and Far East. HBL started its operations in Afghanistan in the year 2004 with its Main Branch in Shahr-e-Nau, Kabul. The key areas of operations encompass product offerings and services in Retail, Commercial and Corporate Banking.
The Manager – Treasury & Trade Services is responsible to effectively and efficiently manage treasury and trade affairs. Forecast cash flow position, ensure availability of funds to meet ongoing operational activities & capital investment requirements and mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the branch borrowings as well as on its foreign exchange position.
|Date Posted:||05 Oct 2017||Reference:||HBL/2091/HR-17/005|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain proper records of all relevant documents, including client LCs to keep their file up-to-date, be able to provide updates and to avoid any audit observations.
2. Review all documents such as Trade Documents, Collection Documents and/or Letter of Guarantees to ensure they are in order before submission to the Customer.
3. Follow procedures to ensure adherence to the company's risk and compliance policies, such as timely preparation of ailment/Offering tickets to ensure all procedural requirements are met as per approved Credit Proposal.
4. Keep close relations with the Business units for their clients’ requirement to ensure timely submission of documentation to ensure client satisfaction.
5. Managing FX exchange earning & placements / borrowings to align with the business performance target and financial budgets in order to achieve higher profitability.
6. Ensuring proactive cash management of Balance Sheet, to ensure optimum returns on Treasury assets and optimize funds by identifying strategic objectives for placements and maintaining sufficient liquidity at all time.
7. Manage the bank’s Forex position (inclusive of branches), Balance Sheet Position (cash reserve ratio etc.) and Liquidity in LCY and FCY to comply with regulatory requirements and business performance in line with set objectives.
8. Manage Treasury Bills/ Notes portfolio to ensure optimum returns through monitoring the latest trends while up keeping within the bank’s risk & compliance policies.
9. Comply with all procedures, processes and practices of the bank and adhere to guidelines, policies and manuals of the bank.
10. Manage business relationships with Financial Institutions and regular customers for purchase and sales of currencies in order to enhance customer satisfaction and business activities.
11. Managing transactions with customers, ensure regular customer visits are done and also enlist new Forex- intensive clients by providing expertise advice and know-how interaction to build rapport with all borrowers.
12. Attending complaints from customers and seek for possible solutions to maintain the bank’s unparalleled customer service standards by identifying, evaluating and recommending solutions to address the issues.
13. Provide continuous feedback relating to the quality and efficiency of processes and systems in own area of work to optimize team productivity.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
• Extensive knowledge of financial institution’s policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Afghan Banking Laws and Regulations.
• The ability to read, understand and apply banking regulations.
• Ability to read, and interpret government and financial regulations, and legal documents.
• Proven ability to identify, solve and prevent regulatory issues.
• Must have ability to effectively report information and respond to managers, customers and regulatory representatives, and write procedure manuals.
• Must have strong analytical, research, planning, organizational and communications kills.
• Have high ethical standards and integrity in both their personal and professional dealings.
• Commitment to identifying compliance solutions that meet business needs while ensuring adherence to applicable laws, regulation, policies and procedures.
• High level of integrity and dependability with stronger sense of urgency and results-orientation.
• Professional and friendly behavior.
• Disciplined and hard-worker
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking business related field degree. Master’s degree is preferred:
Relevant professional certifications or training desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Banking
Interested Candidates can send their resumes with their recent photo to the below mentioned e-mail.
Kindly mention the title of position in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only the short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Internal Audit Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Kabul||25 Dec 2017|
|Branch Operation Manager at Afghan United Bank||Parwan||17 Dec 2017|
|Branch Operation Manager at Afghan United Bank||Herat||16 Dec 2017|
|Branch Assistant at FMFB||Samangan||17 Dec 2017|
|Client Relationship Officer at FMFB||Badakhshan||17 Dec 2017|
|Loan Officer at FMFB||Faryab||17 Dec 2017|
|Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Kabul||12 Dec 2017|
|Assistant Compliance Officer at FMFB||Kabul||12 Dec 2017|
|Talent Acquisition Manager at FMFB||Kabul||11 Dec 2017|
|Compensation and Benefits Manager at FMFB||Kabul||11 Dec 2017|
|Database Assistant at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||05 Jan 2018|
|Call for CV- Credit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Feb 2018|