Young Professional Consultant (Procurement) CLAP(1607 Views)
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement Director of MAIL the YPC (Procurement) is responsible to assist Procurement Director in the procurement of goods, services and consultancies.
The YPC (Procurement) will report directly to the Procurement Director MAIL.
|Date Posted:||07 Oct 2017||Reference:||Procurement YPC 0012/MAIL/CLAP|
|Closing Date:||21 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide daily support to MAIL procurement directorate
• Coordinate the procurement of office materials, IT equipment as well as other assets of MAIL
• Help in the preparation of procurement related documents.
• Assure proper filing of all procurement related documentation
• Support the development and implementation of advanced supplier assessment techniques.
• Maintain an up-to-date suppliers and contractors’ database; support the vetting process of vendors.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly MAIL procurement updates; prepare status and other reports as necessary regarding progress and performance, problems and corrective actions, and general oversight.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good communication, team working and problem-solving skills;
• Good computer skills, including proven experience using Microsoft Office package.
• Fluency in written and spoken Pashto, Dari and English.
• Eager to learn, committed and team oriented
• Good office administration and record keeping skills.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics, law or any other related field.
• Fresh graduate or minimum of one-year experience in similar capacity in a government and international organization, experience in Governmental Organizations are preferable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
• The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter.
• Subject line must be: (Procurement YPC 0012/MAIL/CLAP) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test or interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement Intern at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|HR Interns at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|کارمند مالی و ادری at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and S..||Kunduz||09 Jul 2018|
|کارمند اداری at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Co..||Kunduz||09 Jul 2018|
|Residence Hall Coordinator at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||12 Jul 2018|
|Sr. Administrative Associate at Trans-Hindukush Road Connectivity Project..||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|کارمند دفتر Clerk) )- at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|نجار at Shakhes Engineering Team||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Executive Assistant to President at TechNation||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Accountability & Gender Officer _ MEAL at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|