ARAP Field Engineer(1672 Views)
-MSI is an international development firm with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. We have greatly expanded our ability to respond seamlessly and flexibly to client needs with Coffey's international development offices in the United Kingdom and Australia. We operate in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and South Sudan. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance, and anticorruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Field Monitoring Engineer preforms quality assurance inspections for ARAP projects in the Provinces. He/she is responsible for collecting and validating project data of completed, on-going and planned infrastructure projects in a specific operational theatre within eastern Afghanistan using various technologies to capture and transfer collected information to an online database on a daily basis.
Knowledge of and the ability to travel throughout the project location area is vital to accomplishing the duties for the position. Preference will be given to local candidates.
|Date Posted:||08 Oct 2017||Reference:||007|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor progress and provide quality assurance inspections on infrastructure projects, such as roads and bridges funded World Bank to ensure that construction conforms to approved drawings, specifications and bid documents as per MPW and MRRD.
• The following are some of the duties and responsibilities which are expected of a Monitoring Field Engineer.
• The field engineer will receive a monitoring plan from his supervisor twice monthly and will be in daily contact with his supervisor.
• The field engineer will follow his monitoring plan and will follow his Travel Authorization (TA) which should follow the monitoring plan. If the field engineer makes any changes to this monitoring plan or TA, he must contact his supervisor and security.
• The field engineer will contact the local CDC and or the MRRD representative to get information about the project, such as; the security situation, answers to all the social and environmental and gender questions, and the exact location of the project.
• The field engineer must conduct a complete and acceptable site inspection of the site ARAP road project. The field must fill out all the questions asked in the smart phone check list. The field engineer must take picture of all features and record his comments on all features. If the inspection report is not complete and acceptable be his supervisor, than he will not receive credit for the report and he will receive a letter of reprimand.
• The field engineer is expected to conduct at least two inspections per week and at a minimum of ten inspection reports per month. Weather or insecure sites will not be considered reasons for not meeting the deliverables each month. If a site cannot be inspected, than the field engineer will contact his supervisor and get a new site to inspect.
• The field engineer will receive an allowance for movement to inspection sites within his duty station and will be reimbursed for all expenses for sites outside his duty station or sites inside the duty station which are so far away from the duty station he must spend a night during in order to conduct the inspection.
• The field engineer will receive the allowance for each site inspection which is complete and acceptable to his supervisor and will be reimbursed for his expenses only if he submits legitimate receipts for all his expenses.
• Document project progress using smart phones, GPS devices, digital cameras, to capture infrastructure project information.
• Regularly transfer collected infrastructure project information in pre-determined data formats to the ARTF Infrastructure Data Centre.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with peers, supervisors and technical representatives of MSI.
• Undertake and complete similar technical tasks as required by the positions direct supervisor and any supervisors appointed by the latter to oversee the incumbent’s work.
• Other duties as assigned.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Familiarity with industry-standard GPS equipment. Capable of reading maps and construction drawings.
• Documented proficiency in spoken and written English, Pashto, and Dari.
Demonstrable experience in performing QA of construction project sites, writing technical reports, noting deficiencies and variances from project specifications and drawings, comparing actual progress with project schedules and plans, and recommending steps to be taken for improving construction methods and promoting timely completion.
• Should possess good communication skills. Candidates with proficiency (i.e. better speaking, reading and writing skills) in English, as well as the national languages Pashto and Dari, will be given preference.
• Candidates should possess tactfulness, enthusiasm towards his assigned tasks, good human relationship skills, integrity, honesty, and the ability to work under pressure to accomplish work tasks within assigned given time periods.
• Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Minimum three (3) years work experience in the construction of buildings, roads, canals and wells.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Technical Expert Pool Head at DABS||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Re-Announced Geotechnical Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Re-Announced Hydraulic Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|HEATING VENTILATION & AIR CONDITIONING CRAFTS.. at NATO Afghanistan - Res..||Kabul||05 Jul 2018|
|آمر آبرسانی شهر زرنج at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply a..||Nimruz||30 Jun 2018|
|Quality Control Engineer at Khan Group int'l||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|Site Inspector (Civil Engineering) at DABS||Kabul||05 Jul 2018|
|Consultant Site Engineering Services (Monitor.. at Sayed Majidi Architect..||Kabul||01 Jul 2018|
|LEAD ENGINEER ASSISTANT at Global Technology||Kabul||03 Jul 2018|
|Radio Engineer SME at MOIA||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|National QC Specialist for QC Department of P.. at Ministery of Energy an..||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|National Contract Management Specialist for P.. at Ministery of Energy an..||Herat||02 Jul 2018|
|Construction Supervisor for PCU Kabul Region .. at Ministery of Energy an..||Daikondi||02 Jul 2018|
|Internship at DABS||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Senior Resident Engineer at Trans-Hindukush Road Connectivity Project (TH..||Multi Cities||25 Jun 2018|
|Auto CAD Engineer (Structures) at Aziz Group||Badakhshan||23 Jun 2018|
|Topographic Survey Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Topographic survey assistant at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Social and Resettlement Support Staff at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Irrigation Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Hydro-Mechanical Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Hydrologist at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Geotechnical Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Estimator Senior at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Estimator Junior at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Environmental Support Staff at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Electro-Mechanical / Instrumentation Engineer at Imrani Energy Constructi..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Hydro-Mechanical at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Electro-Mechanical and Instru.. at Imrani Energy Construc..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Civil at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Civil Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Auto CAD Drafter at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|