ARAP Knowledge Manager & MoPW /MRRD Liaison(496 Views)
-MSI is an international development firm with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. We have greatly expanded our ability to respond seamlessly and flexibly to client needs with Coffey's international development offices in the United Kingdom and Australia. We operate in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and South Sudan. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance, and anticorruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In November 2015 MSI was awarded a three-year contract to conduct third party monitoring (TPM) of Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) projects for the World Bank. The ARTF TPM program was put in place to meet a number of objectives:
1. Given an increasingly challenging security environment, the TPM program provides critical data from the field as input to the World Bank’s implementation support and GoA line ministries’ own monitoring systems. The TPM program provides data on nationwide project sites, including asset verification and quality assurance, where World Bank staff are not always able to systematically visit the sites of geographically widely disbursed projects.
2. The TPM program provides additional evidence that World Bank-funded programs are being implemented correctly, provides assurance to donors, focusing on infrastructure quality assurance and social and environmental safeguards, gender issues and select financial/fiduciary aspects.
3. The Supervisor Agent (SA) provides GoA line ministries with project monitoring and data collection support and shows how such practices could improve GoA project performance and results. This also helps strengthen GoA line ministries’ own monitoring programs. The SA reports directly to the World Bank, but also works closely with GoA line ministries responsible for project implementation at local and central levels.
Knowledge of and the ability to travel throughout the project location area is vital to accomplishing the duties for the position. Preference will be given to local candida
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position.**
|Date Posted:||08 Oct 2017||Reference:||008|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Call Center||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor progress and provide quality assurance inspections on infrastructure projects, such as roads and bridges funded World Bank to ensure that construction conforms to approved drawings, specifications and bid documents as per MPW and MRRD.
• In collaboration with the ARAP team in Kabul and in the field, plan monthly World Bank ARAP subproject site visits to be conducted by MSI field staff.
• Act as the ARTF monitoring program data and knowledge focal point within the ARAP (MoPW and MRRD).
• Regularly update MSI of ARAP procedures, standards and other project-related requirements.
• Gather and input all ARAP monitoring-related documents from the ministries into the ARTF monitoring program database.
• Provide timely data and knowledge management support to the ministries staff.
• Provide timely feedback, when needed, to MSI field missions.
• Review all relevant site visit reports with the ARAP (MoPW and MRRD) team and address any discrepancies prior to monthly submission to the World Bank.
• Assist in the monthly transfer of MSI site visit reports from the ARTF monitoring program database into the ARAP (MRRD and MoPW) Management Information System (MIS). Provide relevant support to the MSI Project Managers and Team Lead before, during and after monthly ARAP learning and adaptation workshops.
• Under direction of the MSI Team Lead and Program Compliance Manager conduct data-driven, utilization-focused analysis of information collected in the field in service of identifying patterns not immediately recognized by MSI, partners and GoA ministries.
• Prepare and submit timely, concise and comprehensive monthly, quarterly and annual reports and supporting graphics (i.e. maps, charts, etc.) documenting the ministries team's utilization of ARAP data provided by MSI and.
• Other related duties assigned by MSI management.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Should possess good communication skills. Candidates with proficiency (i.e. better speaking, reading and writing skills) in English, as well as the national languages Pashto and Dari, will be given preference.
• Candidates should possess tactfulness, enthusiasm towards his assigned tasks, good human relationship skills, integrity, honesty, and the ability to work under pressure to accomplish work tasks within assigned given time periods.
• Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Minimum three (5) years work experience in the construction of buildings, roads, canals and wells.
• Demonstrable experience in performing QA of construction project sites, writing technical reports, noting deficiencies and variances from project specifications and drawings, comparing actual progress with project schedules and plans, and recommending steps to be taken for improving construction methods and promoting timely completion.
• Familiarity with industry-standard GPS equipment. Capable of reading maps and construction drawings.
• Documented proficiency in spoken and written English, Pashto, and Dari
Afghanistan - Kabul
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Call Center at AFclick||Kabul||25 Oct 2017|