GIS & Data Analyst(1273 Views)
MSI is an international development firm with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. In 2016, we became part of A Tetra Tech Company. Since that time, we have greatly expanded our ability to respond seamlessly and flexibly to client needs with Tetra Tech Company. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In November 2015 MSI was awarded a three-year contract to conduct third party monitoring (TPM) of Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) projects for the World Bank. The ARTF TPM program was put in place to meet a number of objetives:
1. Given an increasingly challenging security environment, the TPM program provides critical data from the field as input to the World Bank’s implementation support and GoA line ministries’ own monitoring systems. The TPM program provides data on nationwide project sites, including asset verification and quality assurance, where World Bank staff are not always able to systematically visit the sites of geographically widely disbursed projects.
2. The TPM program provides additional evidence that World Bank-funded programs are being implemented correctly, provides assurance to donors, focusing on infrastructure quality assurance and social and environmental safeguards, gender issues and select financial/fiduciary aspects.
3. The Supervisor Agent (SA) provides GoA line ministries with project monitoring and data collection support and shows how such practices could improve GoA project performance and results. This also helps strengthen GoA line ministries’ own monitoring programs. The SA reports directly to the World Bank, but also works closely with GoA line ministries responsible for project implementation at local and central levels.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position. **
Knowledge of and the ability to travel throughout the project location area is vital to accomplishing the duties for the position. Preference will be given to local candidates.
|Date Posted:||08 Oct 2017||Reference:||009|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Data management, including Quality Control; Perform GIS data quality control of field data. The process of quality control includes reviewing the data for completeness and accuracy, identifying, correcting errors or omissions in the data and insuring that the data is stored correctly in the project GIS database, including, correct coordinate projection and metadata.
• Create different types of map based on client requests deviation maps, Observation map, command area map for visited Canal, visited Road and building projects.
• Perform Geospatial analysis as required; which use imagery to analyze objects and environments (e.g. World Bank-funding infrastructure projects and sites)
• Collaborate and liaise with ARTF client (ministries such as NSP, EQUIP, NRAP, IRDP, OFWMP etc...) to get new projects and share data with their GIS team as ARTF focal point.
• Working closely with technical report writers in order to provide required data such as chart, graphs, tables and maps for monthly summery and quarterly and annual report for World Bank.
• Maintain, update and document project geo-databases to support project-wide geographical information and coordination.
• Preparing ARTF GIS status report as require.
• Digitized OFWMP and IRDP Irrigation Schemes with branches and Command Area.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by MSI senior management
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Documented proficiency in spoken and written English, Pashto, and Dari.
• Should possess good communication skills. Candidates with proficiency (i.e. better speaking, reading and writing skills) in English, as well as the national languages Pashto and Dari, will be given preference.
• Candidates should possess tactfulness, enthusiasm towards his assigned tasks, good human relationship skills, integrity, honesty, and the ability to work under pressure to accomplish work tasks within assigned given time periods.
• Minimum of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in Civil Engineering or MS degree or GIS is preferred.
• Minimum three (3) years’ work experience of using ArcGIS software.
Afghanistan - Kabul
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Store Assistant Biomedical at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Ch..||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Draftsman/CAD Assistant at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Design Engineer at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Water Engineer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services ..||Ghowr||05 Mar 2018|
|انجینر دیزاین ساختمانی ت.. at DABS||Kabul||24 Feb 2018|
|Road Design Engineer/Specialist at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Sr. Bridge Design Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Sr. Road Design Specialist at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Site Engineer for Highway at Aziz Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Highway Project Manager at Aziz Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|