NSP Field Engineer(2456 Views)
MSI is an international development firm with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. In 2016, we became part of A Tetra Tech Company. Since that time, we have greatly expanded our ability to respond seamlessly and flexibly to client needs with Tetra Tech Company. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In November 2015 MSI was awarded a three-year contract to conduct third party monitoring (TPM) of Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) projects for the World Bank. The ARTF TPM program was put in place to meet a number of objetives:
1. Given an increasingly challenging security environment, the TPM program provides critical data from the field as input to the World Bank’s implementation support and GoA line ministries’ own monitoring systems. The TPM program provides data on nationwide project sites, including asset verification and quality assurance, where World Bank staff are not always able to systematically visit the sites of geographically widely disbursed projects.
2. The TPM program provides additional evidence that World Bank-funded programs are being implemented correctly, provides assurance to donors, focusing on infrastructure quality assurance and social and environmental safeguards, gender issues and select financial/fiduciary aspects.
3. The Supervisor Agent (SA) provides GoA line ministries with project monitoring and data collection support and shows how such practices could improve GoA project performance and results. This also helps strengthen GoA line ministries’ own monitoring programs. The SA reports directly to the World Bank, but also works closely with GoA line ministries responsible for project implementation at local and central levels.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position. **
The incumbent of this position, stationed at the Kandahar and Kapisa province or at his/her home of reference, is responsible for conducting a pre-determined number of detailed monitoring inspections of select NSP sub-projects across Afghanistan each month following a data collection protocol and using a World Bank-approved checklist, while complying with MSI security procedures. After each mission the incumbent will diligently review and correct, where necessary, all the collected data and when finished, transfer all the data to the MSI office in Kabul for further processing and reporting.
|Date Posted:||08 Oct 2017||Reference:||0010|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain contacts with GoA Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD) staff as well as Community Development Councils (CDCs), inform them of planned visits, and where appropriate encourage them to take part in site visits
• Collect and review primary and secondary data prior to all NSP site visits
• Plan and conduct a pre-determined monthly quota of project site visits according to the World Bank-approved NSP monitoring plan and MSI’s travel authorization procedures
• If a site cannot be inspected, the NSP Field Engineer will inspect an alternative site
• Using MSI-supplied technology and according to MSI standards observe and document
• Technical and operational implementation of select NSP sites at the CDC level
• The technical quality of NSP ongoing, completed, and Maintenance Cash Grants (MCG)
• Environmental impacts of completed, ongoing, and MCG
• The quality of NSP Environmental and Social Management Plans
• The functioning and maturity of CDCs, including such areas as book-keeping and gender participation in meetings, decision-making processes, participation within the CDC, reporting on elections held, frequency and other aspects that will inform the World Bank on the maturity of CDCs
• Thoroughly review all data collected based on MSI Quality Control (QC) standards
• Prepare and transfer a detailed report of each site visit according to MSI standards
• Discuss remedial measures with MRRD staff, contractors and CDCs, where appropriate
• Provide support to MRRD and contractor staff, where appropriate, to improve the quality of their oversight, including the development and maintenance of monitoring checklists
• While in the field communicate daily with supervisors and other MSI staff as required
• Comply with MSI security procedures to facilitate tracking during site visits, including making required GPS notifications and reporting changed security conditions
• Comply with MSI’s project expense submission and reimbursement procedures
• Perform all other duties as assigned by MSI senior management
• Should possess good communication skills. Candidates with proficiency (i.e. better speaking, reading and writing skills) in English, as well as the national languages Pashto and Dari, will be given preference.
• Candidates should possess tactfulness, enthusiasm towards his assigned tasks, good human relationship skills, integrity, honesty, and the ability to work under pressure to accomplish work tasks within assigned given time periods.
Knowledge of and the ability to travel throughout the project location area is vital to accomplishing the duties for the position. Preference will be given to local candidates.
• Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Minimum three (3) years’ work experience in the National Solidarity Program (NSP).
• Demonstrable experience in performing QA of construction project sites, writing technical reports, noting deficiencies and variances from project specifications and drawings, comparing actual progress with project schedules and plans, and recommending steps to be taken for improving construction methods and promoting timely completion.
• Familiarity with industry-standard GPS equipment. Capable of reading maps and construction drawings.
• Documented proficiency in spoken and written English, Pashto, and Dari.
Afghanistan - Kandahar
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
No email provided, please refer to Submission Guideline above
|More jobs in this category|
|Technical Expert Pool Head at DABS||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Re-Announced Geotechnical Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Re-Announced Hydraulic Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|HEATING VENTILATION & AIR CONDITIONING CRAFTS.. at NATO Afghanistan - Res..||Kabul||05 Jul 2018|
|آمر آبرسانی شهر زرنج at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply a..||Nimruz||30 Jun 2018|
|Quality Control Engineer at Khan Group int'l||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|Site Inspector (Civil Engineering) at DABS||Kabul||05 Jul 2018|
|Consultant Site Engineering Services (Monitor.. at Sayed Majidi Architect..||Kabul||01 Jul 2018|
|LEAD ENGINEER ASSISTANT at Global Technology||Kabul||03 Jul 2018|
|Radio Engineer SME at MOIA||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|National QC Specialist for QC Department of P.. at Ministery of Energy an..||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|National Contract Management Specialist for P.. at Ministery of Energy an..||Herat||02 Jul 2018|
|Construction Supervisor for PCU Kabul Region .. at Ministery of Energy an..||Daikondi||02 Jul 2018|
|Internship at DABS||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Senior Resident Engineer at Trans-Hindukush Road Connectivity Project (TH..||Multi Cities||25 Jun 2018|
|Auto CAD Engineer (Structures) at Aziz Group||Badakhshan||23 Jun 2018|
|Topographic Survey Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Topographic survey assistant at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Social and Resettlement Support Staff at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Irrigation Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Hydro-Mechanical Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Hydrologist at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Geotechnical Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Estimator Senior at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Estimator Junior at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Environmental Support Staff at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Electro-Mechanical / Instrumentation Engineer at Imrani Energy Constructi..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Hydro-Mechanical at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Electro-Mechanical and Instru.. at Imrani Energy Construc..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Civil at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Civil Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Auto CAD Drafter at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|