OFWMP Field Engineer(1052 Views)
MSI is an international development firm with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. In 2016, we became part of A Tetra Tech Company. Since that time, we have greatly expanded our ability to respond seamlessly and flexibly to client needs with Tetra Tech Company. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In November 2015 MSI was awarded a three-year contract to conduct third party monitoring (TPM) of Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) projects for the World Bank. The ARTF TPM program was put in place to meet a number of objetives:
1. Given an increasingly challenging security environment, the TPM program provides critical data from the field as input to the World Bank’s implementation support and GoA line ministries’ own monitoring systems. The TPM program provides data on nationwide project sites, including asset verification and quality assurance, where World Bank staff are not always able to systematically visit the sites of geographically widely disbursed projects.
2. The TPM program provides additional evidence that World Bank-funded programs are being implemented correctly, provides assurance to donors, focusing on infrastructure quality assurance and social and environmental safeguards, gender issues and select financial/fiduciary aspects.
3. The Supervisor Agent (SA) provides GoA line ministries with project monitoring and data collection support and shows how such practices could improve GoA project performance and results. This also helps strengthen GoA line ministries’ own monitoring programs. The SA reports directly to the World Bank, but also works closely with GoA line ministries responsible for project implementation at local and central levels.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position. **
The incumbent of this position, stationed at the Kabul province or at his/her home of reference, is responsible for conducting a pre-determined number of detailed monitoring inspections of select OFWMP sub-projects across Afghanistan each month following a data collection protocol and using a World Bank-approved checklist, while complying with MSI security procedures. After each mission the incumbent will diligently review and correct, where necessary, all the collected data and when finished, transfer all the data to the MSI office in Kabul for further processing and reporting.
|Date Posted:||08 Oct 2017||Reference:||0011|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain contacts with Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) staff as well as Irrigation Associations (lAs), inform them of planned visits, and where appropriate encourage them to take part in site visits.
• Collect and review primary and secondary data prior to all OFWMP site visits.
• Plan and conduct a pre-determined monthly quota Of project site visits according to the World Bank-approver' MAIL monitoring plan and MSI's travel authorization procedures.
• If a site cannot be inspected, the OFWMP Field Engineer inspect an alternative site.
• Using MSI-supplied technology and according to MSI standards observe and document
• Technical and operational implementation of selected OFWMP sites.
• The technical quality of OFWMP Sites and report whatever is observed during the visit.
• The quality of completed OFWMP and their operational information.
• Environmental impacts of completed OFWMP visited projects.
• The quality of OFWMP Environmental and Social Management Plans
• Thoroughly review all data collected based on MSI Quality Control (QC) standards.
• Prepare and transfer a detailed report of each Site according to ACI Standards.
• Discuss remedial measures with OFWMP staff, contractors and lAs, where appropriate.
• Provide support to OFWMP and contractor staff, where appropriate to improve the quality of their oversight, including the development and maintenance of monitoring checklists.
• While in the field communicate daily with supervisors and other MSI staff as required.
• Comply with MSI security procedures to facilitate tracking during site visits, including asking required GPS notifications and reporting changed security conditions.
• Comply with MSI project expense submission and reimbursement procedures Perform all other duties as assigned by MSI senior management.
• Should possess good communication skills. Candidates with proficiency (i.e. better speaking, reading and writing skills) in English, as well as the national languages Pashto and Dari, will be given preference.
• Candidates should possess tactfulness, enthusiasm towards his assigned tasks, good human relationship skills, integrity, honesty, and the ability to work under pressure to accomplish work tasks within assigned given time periods.
Knowledge of and the ability to travel throughout the project location area is vital to accomplishing the duties for the position. Preference will be given to local candidates.
• Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Minimum three (3) years’ work experience in the On Farm Water Management Project (OFWMP).
• Demonstrable experience in performing QA of construction project sites, writing technical reports, noting deficiencies and variances from project specifications and drawings, comparing actual progress with project schedules and plans, and recommending steps to be taken for improving construction methods and promoting timely completion.
• Familiarity with industry-standard GPS equipment. Capable of reading maps and construction drawings.
• Documented proficiency in spoken and written English, Pashto, and Dari.
Afghanistan - Kabul
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
No email provided, please refer to Submission Guideline above
|More jobs in this category|
|Designing Engineer at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Team Leader at DACAAR||Kunduz||31 Oct 2017|
|Senior Water Supply Engineer at Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority||Kabul||30 Oct 2017|
|Senior Pavement / Transportation Engineer at Afghanistan Civil Aviation A..||Kabul||30 Oct 2017|
|Senior Survey Engineer at Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority||Kabul||30 Oct 2017|
|Senior Structure Engineer at Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority||Kabul||30 Oct 2017|
|Senior Electrical Engineer at Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority||Kabul||30 Oct 2017|
|انجینیر دیزاین at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerag..||Kabul||02 Nov 2017|
|انجینیر سروی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Co..||Kabul||02 Nov 2017|
|Consultant Road Engineering Services (Monitor.. at Sayed Majidi Architect..||Balkh||26 Oct 2017|
|Deputy PIU Director at DABS||Kabul||22 Oct 2017|
|Civil Engineer for Irrigation work at Excellent Planning and Construction..||Multi Cities||24 Oct 2017|
|Structure Design Engineer at Excellent Planning and Construction Company ..||Multi Cities||24 Oct 2017|
|Deputy Project Controls Manager at Tetra Tech||Kabul||23 Oct 2017|
|Amine Plant Automation Senior Specialist for .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Jawzjan||08 Nov 2017|
|Food Processing Engineering Consultant at NEI (Nutrition and Education In..||Kabul||25 Oct 2017|
|WaSH Deputy Program Manager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||22 Oct 2017|
|Office engineer / انجنیر دفتر at East Power Engineering Service||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Senior Civil Engineer at DABS||Herat||23 Oct 2017|