Monitoring &Evaluation; Officer(1453 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plan including setting up and maintaining monitoring system and database with data collected from the field to support evidence based monitoring
|Date Posted:||08 Oct 2017||Reference:||VA-2017-39|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Take a leading role in the preparation of field reports, including data collection, analysis, presentation and knowledge management.
• With the technical advice of MEL unit and Project Manager prepare and regularly update monitoring formats, supported by user-friendly database systems, and train field staff in their use as required
• Actively participate in designing questionnaires and facilitate and conduct baseline and other surveys, regular monitoring of field level activities and train field staff in field level monitoring methods at all stages like pre- during and post monitoring of the project activities.
• Coordinating the process for generating donor reports, involving the monthly collection of data from the field and the data compilation, tabulation, analysis and presentation of the collected data in prescribed formats and as advised by the MEL unit, Programme Development and Resource Mobilisation Department and the Project Manager.
• Inform Project Manager and liaise with field staff and HO MEL unit, to ensure that required data and information is received in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
• Take a leading role in the design, modification and maintenance of the departmental databases to ensure that the data is relevant, current and easily accessible.
• Entering routine monitoring and survey data, and regularly spot check the accuracy of data supplied and subsequently entered by others.
• Assist in the development of questionnaires, surveys and monitoring reports for use in the field and translate these in English, Dari and Pashto
• Actively participate in teams formed to undertake surveys, studies, evaluations and impact assessments of project work and document learning from the processes used.
• Conduct regular visit to all villages in the targeted district to verify on ground progress, train field staff in data collection and monitoring techniques and feedback any impressions and assessments to the line manager and relevant sectorial programme officers and specialists.
• In consultation with the Line Manager, conduct independent research into various aspects of the main technical sectors and draft reports for approval of the Line Manager and specialists prior to dissemination.
• Produce quarterly progress reports based on the annual work plan, with qualitative and evaluative inputs from the various sectors under the project.
• Produce or assist in the production of other internal documents, such as monthly field news, success stories as may be decided upon from time to time.
• Perform any other related duties as required by the Line Manager.
Bachelor degree in relevant discipline (statistics, social sciences, development studies or any other relevant subject)
At least 3 years of professional experience in areas of monitoring and evaluation
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable operations team leader with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a. Demonstrated ability to design and prepare monitoring plan and its implementation.
b. Proven strategic and operational management ability and inter-personal skills; team player; problem solving skills
c. Proven skills in data management, data preservation and other computer programs.
d. Good English, Pashto and Dari skills
e. Strong report writing and knowledge management skills
f. Training and capacity building skills in participatory monitoring methods is preferable.
Values and attitude
a. A clear and firm commitment to human rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
b. Competent to take initiatives, work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines
c. Committed and honest in his/her work, ability to monitor the work of others and report gaps and challenges
d. Detail oriented person
e. Responsible, flexible, adaptable, ability to multitask
f. A willingness to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly high risk locations
g. Personal integrity, proactivity, flexibility, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
Afghanistan - Logar
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by July 23rd, 2017. Your covering letter should be no more than one standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
strongly support women to apply for his position.
|More jobs in this category|
|Data Quality Control Officer / M&E Officer at MSI-ARTF||Kabul||27 Feb 2018|
|Senior M & E Advisor at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Conducting Evaluation of Strengthening Commun.. at Afghanaid||Kabul||22 Feb 2018|