About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan & France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care of children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides 94-bedded inpatient care for Children and adults, including 16 beds for paediatric intensive care, four operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC now offers 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory. This year FMIC will also offer 52 new beds for maternal care and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit.
FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education and is considered a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its eHealth programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan.
FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.
• Provide reception services for the unit, which includes communicating messages to supervisors/ physicians, other staff of unit, and clerical functions involved in delivery of patient care.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2017||Reference:||FMIC/HR/094|
|Closing Date:||16 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Services||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Answer phone calls promptly at the reception and response appropriately and deliver messages as required.
2. Attend patient concerns promptly and inform the nurse in order to facilitate quick response to patients.
3. Demonstrate efficiency in skills while giving rush calls.
4. Communicate messages promptly and accurately to concerned physicians/nurses in order to help in the maintenance of smooth organization of patient care.
5. Utilize communication devices e.g. telephone correctly and ensure that these are used for official purposes only.
6. Notify physician and team leader/HN of all admissions.
7. Coordinate with cleaners for maintenance of cleanliness in the unit.
8. Notify any unusual observations in the unit to head nurse /team leader, safety and security department.
9. Update daily census statistics of patients transfer in/ out, admissions and discharges in computer to liaise with admission office.
10. File accurately all diagnostic reports in patients’ files chronologically, in order to maintain the file update.
11. Maintain and update records of admission, discharges and transfers in log for ready access.
12. Maintain and update deaths and forward to medical records immediately.
13. Document all appointments given to discharge patients in the system. (related to below highlighted point).
• Basic computer skills/courses
• Job relevant courses such as service excellence, telephone courtesy etc.
• Demonstrate caring and helpful attitude at all times while dealing with patient / families and co-workers.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with team members.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English, Dari or Pashtu and ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
• 12th standard
Afghanistan - Kabul
High School, General
Guideline Interested applicants should send their resume along with relevant Degree to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Children, Ali Abad behind Kabul University also you can visit our website for more details www.fmic.org.af
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged CVs required to be covered with Application letter and No CV will be considered without relevant Degree also please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line
|More jobs in this category|
|گارسون at Apple Restaurant||Kabul||10 Mar 2018|
|ESC Assistant/Peon at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Bamian||23 Feb 2018|
|صفا کار at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporation ..||Kabul||22 Feb 2018|
|میتر خوان at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporat..||Takhar||20 Feb 2018|
|میتر خوان at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporat..||Badakhshan||20 Feb 2018|
|بست 6 اجیر تحصیل عواید at شاروالی کابل||Kabul||19 Feb 2018|