Advocates Law is enacted based on article 31 of Afghanistan Constitution to regulate related affairs of advocates. It was approved based by decree No 111 dated 25.11.2007. And pursuant to paragraph 16 of article 64 and article 100 of the constitution and decision of mixed delegations of National Assembly, it consists of 5 chapters and 44 articles. New law required, Ministry of Justice was obliged under the Advocates Law to take necessary measures within 3 months to establish the Afghanistan Independent Bar Association. As a result the first general assembly of AIBA was held from 27-Jul-2008 up to 30-Jul-2008., the first general assembly approved the by-laws of AIBA and the president, vice presidents, leadership councils and monitoring board of AIBA were elected. A Bar Association was established for the first time in Afghanistan as a separate/independent administration not under MOJ. The AIBA has started providing legal services as a non-governmental and independent institution. Based on Article No 38 of AIBA law, the by-law of AIBA is registered in MOJ (No. (1340) dated 23-Nov-2008).
As stated in the Constitution of Afghanistan under Article 31, the Government of Afghanistan is obliged to provide free legal aid for the disadvantaged. In order to meet this obligation the legal aid department ( LAD ) of the MOJ is charged with providing free legal aid to indigent citizens.
In order to accelerate and quick impacts on people’s lives there has been signed a three partite MOU between MOJ,UNDP and AIBA the legal AID grant facility LAGF is established to enable all Attorneys registered at the Afghanistan Independent Bar Association to apply for legal aid for those cases that require financial support
supervising and control of the cases (program implementation of LAGF within the region ) to make sure proper implementation of legal aid services throughout province.
Performance of admin and finance activities of ( Nangarhar ) Office.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2017||Reference:||AIBA-M-97|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 2 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Registration of Cases under LAGF Program.
• Update of cases and defense lawyers database.
• Registration of defense lawyers in LAGF database and overseeing of database time to time in order to prevent from misuses.
• Distribution of cases under LAGF procedure in close coordination with Head of AIBA Nangarhar province.
• Coordinate LAGF committee meetings
• Record minutes of meetings
• Assist applicants for license in Nangarhar
• Prepare progress Report on LAGF and send it to main office on regular basis.
• Assist in renewal and maintain records of licenses with Nangarhar Office.
• Assist in the planning and execution of trainings and capacity-building programs in the region
• Keep track and record of lease agreements and extension
• Ensure all office supplies are stocked as required
• Keep track of office lease agreements and renewal
• Keep accurate records of all office inventories, supplies logistic procurement files in hard and soft copy.
• Keep record of office generator lubricant, fuel consumption.
• Monitoring of cases under LAGF procedure
• Supervising activities of defense lawyers during proceeding of cases ( start from investigation and trial)
• Check defense statement of defense lawyers
• Identity of indigents people for appointing defense lawyers.
• Payment of Wages of defense lawyers based on LAGF payment procedures.
• Ensure the payment of defense lawyers is accomplished by M paisa account.
• Implement financial activities and payment to bank transfer for new and renewal of defense lawyers license.
• Sending all activities report to the relevant section of AIBA head office.
• Other activity assigned by Head of AIBA Nangarhar and Line Managers.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Strong skills I Ms Excel and workings skills in Ms.Word & Windows needed.
Good communication, report writing skills.
Holding of B.A of law or Sharia faculty
Working knowledge of English is required.
3yrs of working experiences in advocacy
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
All Afghan National candidates with above qualification and experiences are encouraged to apply via following email, with the subject line the title of position applied for, before the expiration of the post as 15/Oct/2017.
no c.v will consider after the close date.
only short listed candidates will be called for test and interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|