Database Officer(2221 Views)
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Database Officer will report to the International Advisor in the Women’s Protection
Component (WPC) of the IDLO Supporting Access to Justice in Afghanistan (SAJA) program and will work in close collaboration with the IDLO Database Assistants.
• Area of Specialization: Database analysis, development, and training
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2017||Reference:||IDLO/SAJA/16/2017|
|Closing Date:||21 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||1400 to 2000 USD|
|Contract Type:||Special Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties shall include the following:
Database Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop, adapt and/or upgrade a standardized database related to legal defense and other services for beneficiaries residing in Women’s Protection Centers.
2. Develop training and mentoring approaches for WPC database officers or focal points at WPCs, as well as administration heads, defense lawyers and administrative staff as applicable. The training should increase use of and reliance on the database for data collection and data reporting.
3. Work with WPC partners and IDLO staff to create and implement procedures that will maximize the WPC’s ability to collect and track case data (from inception to closure) with a minimum of extra steps in the case flow process.
4. With close coordination of the WPCs, improve the data collection system and categorization of data collected into the database. Standardize information in WPCs’ databases.
5. Mentor and train the database officers of the WPCs to operate and manage the improved database system.
6. Create a synchronization mechanism to migrate the provincial data into one centralized system.
7. With close coordination of the WPCs, improve the inputted data for registration and release of cases as well as integration of data to be made more effective.
8. Improve information dissemination and reporting of data statistics from the database (monthly or as needed).
9. Improve the case follow-up entries into the databases for the WPCs and recommend best ways to coordinate and transfer data to a larger data center if/when necessary (e.g., MOWA or the UN).
10. Train the WPCs’ database officers for improved transparency that is secure, and ensure back up and general security for the databases.
11. Support the Legal Aid DB Assistant with coding issues, help needed for database development, and other IT issues.
Perform other duties as requested by the International WPC Advisor and the Chief of Party.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
o Excellent computer skills required (Office Package Windows and database development);
o Ability to train others; Good interpersonal skills, listening and team player
o Ability to work collaboratively and supportively with others.
o Ability to take initiative to manage tasks, organize work and assist with routine office tasks, such as filing and tracking documents, as needed for program success.
o Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility and willingness to travel to the provinces and complete program assignments.
o Languages required – English and Dari. Knowledge of Pashtu will be an advantage
To successfully perform her/his duties the Database Officer must have:
1. Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. At least two-years’ experience working on a Criminal Justice Sector Database
3. Computer skills (Office Package Windows: Words, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
4. Data management skills;
5. Knowledge of legal terminology and the Afghan legal system, particularly related to criminal and civil rights and protections for women;
6. Ability to work independently and proactively under minimum supervision;
o At least five-years’ experience working on a Criminal Justice Sector Database: assessing, implementing, and training
o Experience working for an International Rule of Law organization or project;
o Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field required
o IT and Computer Science related certificates and degrees are preferred, specifically in development, program coding etc.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, IT
Please submit your cover letter and CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the vacancy number and the position you are applying for.
Review the vacancy announcement and ensure your experience and qualification meets the criteria. Any application not meeting the above criteria will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Manager at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||15 Mar 2018|
|IT Assistant for MoMP/ IT Directorate at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum ..||Kabul||05 Mar 2018|
|Software Developer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Network Security Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Database Administrator at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Data Analyst at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Specialist (PMIS) at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|IT/Help Desk Assistant at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|ICT Officer at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|IT Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Mar 2018|
|IT Specialist at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|IT Assistant at KaPUL Group Of Companies||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|
|Technical Officer (Education and Technology) at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Information management Officer (Data Manageme.. at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|IT Trainer at Yasna Development and Support Organization||Kandahar||23 Feb 2018|
|Java Developer at Yama Ramin Media Production||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|