Re-announced Coordinator(464 Views)
Research and Development Organization for Afghans is a nongovernmental organization (sdroa). We are the implementing partner for US embassy for Lincoln Learning Centers across Afghanistan. Currently, we are operating in twenty one provinces of Afghanistan. The learning centers are equipped with computers, books, magazines and other reading materials. These centers offer educational/programs for various audience. These centers serve at least six thousand people all over Afghanistan.
The Coordinator has two major areas of responsibility – management of the center and programming. Work will be done with the support and collaboration of the staff of the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy, Kabul and implementing partner Social Development and Research Organization for Afghans. The candidate is required to ensure the integrity of the LLC’s financial operations and make sure the operations adhere to the existing policies of the organization and donor requirements.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2017||Reference:||187|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Management of the center – Responsible for daily opening/closing and maintaining scheduled hours of operation.
2. Serve your customers in a thoughtful way and be considerate of the users at LLC.
3. Ensure that everyone has access to the center and nothing prohibits them from using the services.
4. Maintenance of the collection and equipment.
5. Make sure software are up to date and NO illegal software is installed, and password protect computers.
6. Develop and post rules for patrons and ensure their implementation.
7. Work closely with local U.S. Government representative.
8. Enhance center staff capacity through timely feedback and training as needed.
9. Establish and maintain effective working relations with host institution, educational institutions, the Embassy, and local government officials.
10. Responsible for creating and conducting program activities to include speakers, discussion groups, cultural events, and regular classes in English, computer training and any other topic of interest to the local population.
11. Attract volunteers and diverse speakers for programs.
12. Frequently conduct outreach activities (e.g. fliers, event notification, visits to schools)
13. Participate in the online community of American Corners.
14. Work to improve operations and outreach to result in increased user attendance at LLCs and at programs.
15. Develop, compile and coordinate yearly activity calendar.
16. Develop and send activity reports to Kabul as required.
Budget Management and financial reporting:
17. Manage center procurement as per standards.
18. Check and review all financial documents and see that all financial transactions are sufficiently supported.
19. Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
20. Enter all processed financial transactions into the computerized system and ensure its accuracy before posting.
21. Assist Kabul management in reconciliation of other financial reports.
22. Maintain files for vouchers and other departmental correspondence.
23. Any other assignment given to him by his/her supervisor.
1. Most importantly, the Coordinator should be someone who is creative, energetic, reliable, and full of initiative.
2. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English, Dari and Pashtu.
3. Ability to maintain library programs and collections and access the resource needs of library users.
4. Skill in working with youth and providing youth training.
5. Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and Internet research.
6. Ability to do long term planning, budget preparation and report writing.
7. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the Embassy, customers and the general public.
8. Some knowledge of the United States of America.
Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, although substantial or significant relevant experience may be substituted.
One to three years of work experience
Afghanistan - Kapisa: Provincial Center (MAHMOOD RAQI)
Bachelors Degree, Management
Send you resume to below email address and write the position title and reference number in your email subject line.
|More jobs in this category|
|Office Assistant at Hawk Vision Consultancy Services||Kabul||26 Oct 2017|
|Project Coordinator at Human Rights Research and Advocacy Consurtium ( ..||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|Higher Education Change Management Advisor at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||07 Nov 2017|
|micro-finance development specialist at Integration Management Consulting..||Kabul||26 Oct 2017|
|Scholarship Officer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||22 Oct 2017|
|FORCE MANAGEMENT/DOCUMENTATION SME at MOIA||Kabul||22 Oct 2017|
|Deputy Finance Manager at Aziz Group||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|Project Coordinator at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||23 Oct 2017|