Database Developer(1179 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The AUAF IT Department is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position as Database Developer.
We are looking for a Database Developer to be responsible for the development of new databases and applications and maintaining existing information systems. The core responsibilities of Database Developer include but not limited to the followings:
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||20 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Database Developer duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop new databases and applications based on requirements and assist in restructuring of existing systems;
• Maintain and administrate existing information systems;
• Assist in systems implementation, operations and maintenance;
• Assist in code optimization process based on requirements;
• Provide technical supports to all needy destinations and diagnose relating issues;
• Assist in data analysis, reporting and dissemination processes;
• Monitor and apply off-site backup procedures;
• Assist in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues of systems;
• Assist in provision of training programs;
• Document programming guidelines, manuals, and procedures;
• Submit periodically (monthly/ quarterly/ annual) progress reports to the line manager;
• Perform other relevant tasks assigned by line manager.
• Excellent verbal and written communication;
• Proven working experience as a Database Developer or relevant experience;
• Teamwork - Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Support Services / Technical Assistance.
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is required;
• At least 3 years of working experience in the field of database and application development;
• Extensive experience in design, development and implementation of complex database/information systems;
• Must be self-starter with excellent demonstrated teamwork skills;
• Fluency in English, in speech, writing and comprehension.
Job Level Competencies
• Problem Solving Skills
• Quality Oriented
• Service Oriented
• Result Oriented
Functional and Technical Competencies
• Strong knowledge of web programming languages (.NET, ASP.NET, C#) and information system development;
• Strong knowledge of Bootstrap and Angular JS;
• Strong knowledge of Data Analysis and Business Intelligence tools.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Database Developer” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before October 20th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Manager at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||15 Mar 2018|
|IT Assistant for MoMP/ IT Directorate at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum ..||Kabul||05 Mar 2018|
|Software Developer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Network Security Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Database Administrator at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Data Analyst at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Specialist (PMIS) at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|IT/Help Desk Assistant at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|ICT Officer at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|IT Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Mar 2018|
|IT Specialist at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|IT Assistant at KaPUL Group Of Companies||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|
|Technical Officer (Education and Technology) at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Information management Officer (Data Manageme.. at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|IT Trainer at Yasna Development and Support Organization||Kandahar||23 Feb 2018|
|Java Developer at Yama Ramin Media Production||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|