Extension Services/Trainings Consultant(1360 Views)
IFAD support for NPP-2 aims to achieve national coverage over a three-phase implementation period consisting of 15 years. The present project constitutes the first phase of IFAD support. It will be implemented in three selected pilot provinces, namely Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar, with planned geographical expansion to additional provinces over the second and third phases. The selection of Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar provinces is aligned with MAIL's intention to commence with seven priority provinces for NPP-2 roll-out across the country. The present project will cover 589 CDCs consisting of 60,000 households (450,000 people) across six districts – NahriShahi and DihDadai in Balkh, Karukh and Zendhajan in Herat, and Darah e Noor and Khewa/Kuzkunar in Nangarhar.
The main objective of developing the training manual is to help guide trainers enhance the knowledge and hands-on skills of the farmers, extension officers and local communities of SNaPP2 target areas.
Specifically, the manual is intended to: -
i. Increase farmers’ awareness of current extension approaches and crop management.
ii. Enhance farmers capacity on handling and use of agriculture inputs.
iii. Assist farmers to apply the technology to support farming activities, in particular to their efforts to follow extension approaches.
In the given context, SNaPP2 wishes to develop practical working document (Training manual) for the key players in the target area. The manual should provide the training facilitators with clear and customized step-by-step guidelines for the various stakeholders.
For this, SNaPP2 looking forward to received applications from the reputed and experienced experts towards development of the training manual.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2017||Reference:||Tri.Cnstnt1010/MAIL/SNaPP2|
|Closing Date:||23 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct literature review of existing training modules on similar topics, and summarize those relevant to the intended manual
• Compile the training guide/manual to guide handling and use of update technology for the various stakeholders – Agro-dealers, Extension and Farmers
• Design trainer of trainers (TOT) modules for extension agents on how to lead handling and use of agricultural technology
• Provide details information on each topics in listed in the topics list
• To develop high quality curriculum/ training manual consist of 27 agricultural related topics.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Fluent English language required & high familiarity with national languages
• PhD degree candidates preferred
• 7-year experience in agriculture (Extension, agronomy, Horticulture, IPM and…)
• Maximum M.Sc. degree in agriculture
• Have outstanding writing and editing skills in and Pashto/Dari
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Consulting
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter
• Subject line must be: (Extension Services/Training Consultant Tri.Cnstnt1010/MAIL/SNaPP2) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test or interview.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!