Procurement Consultant(671 Views)
About Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporation (AUWSSC)
The Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporation (AUWSSC) was established on 25th of January, 2006, by a Presidential Decree Number 130. The main goal and the objectives of AUWSSC are to ensure sustainable provision of safe drinking water supply and sewerage services to all urban areas of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. AUWSSC has been gradually taking over this responsibility, and as of December 2012 the assets and liabilities of 6 (six) water supply operations have been transferred from provincial towns to AUWSSC Strategic Business Units (SBUs); as well as additional 11 (eleven) systems in different provincial towns of Afghanistan have been established by AUWSSC as sub-SBUs (SSBU) and were included in the structures of the appropriate regional SBUs.
The Procurement Consultant will play a crucial role in procurement and contract management of goods, works, consultancy services and non-consultancy services of the Afghanistan Urban Water and Sewerage Corporation (AUWSSC). The incumbent will comply with principles of good practices in procurement and contract management for: water supply commodity, civil works projects, and Consultancy Services.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2017||Reference:||17/7/1396|
|Closing Date:||20 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Provision of adequate support in innovation , preparation and development of administrative and procurement policies and standards including procurement , according to Afghanistan Procurement Law
Take active involvement in preparation of Administrative and Procurement guidelines
Advise the procurement directorate for effective and efficient management
Provide necessary support in revision of the existing supply and logistics system of procurement directorate and provide necessary advice for improvement
Take active part in development of Annual Procurement Plan and Annual work plan of procurement directorate
Based on advice of procurement director monitor the bidding process and evaluation of the offers
Review the procurement documents prior to verify of procurement directorate
Facilitate regular meeting with the head of departments working under procurement directorate for improvement and feedback of their related affairs
Maintain close working relation with the Technical Directorate and Admin and Finance Directorate of the AUWSSC for regular and on time implementation of procurement related affairs
To facilitate the bidding process of the AUWSSC’s projects with NPA
To facilitate and prepare required
• Complying with and putting into practice internationally recognized good practices in procurement of goods, works and consultancy services.
• Ensuring transparent and accountable procurement process and outputs of all the activities managing in procurement directorate
• Develop procurement guidelines
• To enable the AUWSSC to have NPA certification for civil works and goods projects
• Bachelor’s degree financial management, business administration, management and/or other field.
• Three (4) years or longer experience in procurement of works/goods/consultancy services .( Procurement of water supply civil works projects is a plus) AND at least one (2) year in the government of Afghanistan system
• Professional-level command of English AND Dari and/or Pashto.
• Good understanding of national and international standards, norms and practices associated with water supply projects
• Outstanding communication skills. Needs to communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers.
• Strong teamwork and analytical skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, work under pressure with challenging deadlines while delivering high quality results.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Programme
Please send your CV along with a Cover Letter to the given email address before expiry date of vacancy. Please mention Vacancy Number in the Subject Line of your email or your application will not be accepted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Contract and Procurement Officer at MAIL/Panj-Amu||Kabul||28 Dec 2017|
|Procurement Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||25 Dec 2017|
|Procurement Specialist at DABS||Kabul||16 Dec 2017|
|Procurement contract Assistant at (افغان تیلی کام (سلام||Kabul||22 Dec 2017|
|Re Announced-Contract Management and Monitori.. at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||17 Dec 2017|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|