Procurement Manager(575 Views)
About Afghanistan Cricket Board
Afghanistan Cricket Board.
The rise of cricket in Afghanistan over the last decade has been an extraordinary story in the world of sports. The rapid growth of cricket in the country and the simultaneous success of the National Cricket Team has resulted in cricket being the most popular sport in Afghanistan. Cricket fans across Afghanistan and beyond have developed immense interest in the game of cricket and the National Cricket Team’s participation in both domestic and international cricketing events is closely followed and draw large crowds at the grounds and followers on Television, print media and the internet.
The Afghanistan Cricket Federation was established in 1995 and Afghanistan was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001. Afghanistan was granted associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003. The president of the country issued a decree on 2nd June 2009 which made Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) an independent governing body for the development and promotion of the game of cricket in the country. In 2013, Afghanistan was granted Associate Member status of ICC following notable progress in different areas of administration and development of the game. Afghanistan obtained Full Membership of ICC in June 2017 to become one of the 12 Full Member nations.
The Procurement Manager has overall responsibility for managing all the purchasing needs and functions of the ACB. The position is a hands-on job – involving planning as well as basic maintenance. The Manager’s primary responsibility will be to proactively manage the ACB’s strategic, tactical and routine all needs on a daily basis. The Manager will ensure that these needs are all met effectively as personal duties.
The Procurement Manager will report to Chief Operation Officer (COO).
|Date Posted:||10 Oct 2017||Reference:||00-30-2017|
|Closing Date:||18 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implementation of procurement policy including sourcing, suppliers’ selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, performance measurement;
Reporting on a delivery of procurement services.
• Liaising with contractors/suppliers to ensure timely delivery. Liaise with end-users, contractions, and suppliers on quality deficiencies and on the appropriateness of goods and cricket equipment.
• Evaluating contractors/suppliers claims pertaining to outstanding contracts/ procurement actions, subsequent endorsement of invoices in accordance with Financial Rules and Regulations.
• Assist other employees in Analysing the demand for supplies and forecast future needs.
• Maintain purchase-related documents (requests, quotations, purchase order, bid opening, bid analysis report, invoice, goods received notes, translation sheet and supply contact documents) and forward required documents to office of finance for disbursement
• Take responsibility for the movement of all goods and equipment including coordinate with the Stock keeper and Distribution staff to ensure efficient and timely delivery of relief commodities.
• Identify requirements and establish and maintain all logistical infrastructures for administration and operations
• Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with Procurement law.
• Providing administrative support to the team through; efficient record-keeping, use of online purchase requisition system, monitoring and processing of purchase orders, and ensuring all needed steps in the procurement process are done efficiently and effectively.
• Implementation of procurement including sourcing, suppliers' selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, and performance measurement.
• Supporting inputs to preparation of procurement plans for the main office and team’s requirement.
• Prepare on time report of purchasing of goods, services and other materials and financial clearance to the finance department.
• Any other relevant tasks may assign by supervisor
• The Procurement Manager may be required to travel extensively around the country or sometimes internationally.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to work with business leads and creative teams to successfully meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment or to work extra hours.
• Effective communication skills to communicate effectively with all concerned staff
• Professional report writing skills
Owner of good communication skill in Dari, Pashtu and English.
• Should have a presentable, courteous and pleasant personality
• Should be hardworking, Sincere, Honest, Dedicated, and Self achiever.
• Able to work under pressure and for extra hours
• Master Degree in Administration or related discipline.
• Must have 3 to 5 years’ of work experience in related filed
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Procurement
Interested qualified candidates should submit a copy of their CV along with the cover letter to the below mentioned email address.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview/written test.
Afghanistan Cricket Board is an equal employment opportunity for all.
Note: Please mentioned the vacancy number in subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Store Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|Procurement Advisor at MOIA||Kabul||25 Oct 2017|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|