TOEFL Academic/Business Writing Instructor(573 Views)
About Yasna Development and Support Organization
English Language and Computer Learning Centers (ELCLCs) is a U.S Embassy funded project, implemented by Yasna Development and Support Organization (YDSO). Its mission is to develop English Language and Computer skills of Afghan Universities' students and faculty members in order to enable them use international academic resources in their academic activities and/or pursuit higher studies at international universities.
ELCLCs operate in nine Afghan universities, namely Kabul University, Kabul Polytechnic University, Bamyan University, Balkh University, Balkh Faculty of Education, Herat University, Herat Faculty of Education, Kandahar University, and Nangarhar University and as well as provide ICDL trainings to the staff of Ministry of higher Education (MoHE).
The instructor will teach TOEFL prep., academic/business writing classes to university students, faculty and staff in an academic setting.
|Date Posted:||10 Oct 2017||Reference:||ELCLC/2017/67|
|Closing Date:||20 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans and prepare and deliver TOEFL preparation, Acadmic / Business Writing courses to university students and faculty members;
• Develop and deliver lesson plans that utilize a broad range of appropriate teaching techniques and strategies
• Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that develops each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in the appropriate content area
• Administer academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student progress for meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition
• Maintain complete and accurate records of student progress and evidnece of growth and progress
• Provide a nurturing and supportive learning environment that encourages student responsibility and incorporates challenging instructional strategies
• Adapt curriculum to provide individual, small group, and/or remedial instruction as to meet the needs of individual students and subgroups of students
• Establish and maintain standards of student behavior required to run an orderly and productive classroom environment
• Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students
• Instruct students in test-taking skills and strategies to achieve their highest possible scores
• Use current, student-centered teaching methods and integrate technology appropriately to further learning
• Make use of technological equipment such as projector, LED Screen, Smart Boards, English Language Software
• Mark and provide appropriate feedback on oral and written work;
• Record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades;
• Perform other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English Language Studies preferred.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills (successful candidates need near-native English proficiency)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work with a highly diverse staff, faculty, and student body
• Ability to excel in a demanding, outcome-oriented, and dynamic work environment
• Instruct students using student-centered, communicative, and engaging activities
• Instructors with experience in teaching TOEFL prep. Courses are preferred.
Afghanistan - Herat: PROVINCIAL CENTER (HERAT)
Please email a cover letter concisely stating all your qualifications and experience along with your CV clearly indicating your qualifications and experiences pertaining to the position. Specify the position you are applying for and the names and contact information of 3 references and email to the mentioned email address.
Note: Please mention the Reference number and name of the position in your cover letter and e-mail subject line; otherwise the application will not be accepted.
|More jobs in this category|
|استاد دائم در رشته های اق.. at Asia Higher Education ..||Herat||06 Jan 2018|
|English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kunduz||17 Dec 2017|
|National Education Expert for MOE MVCA follow.. at Joint Monitoring and E..||Kabul||16 Dec 2017|
|تلاشی و صفاکاری at Barakat International School||Kabul||10 Jan 2018|
|English Language Teacher at SDROA||Logar||14 Dec 2017|
|English Language Instructor at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||26 Dec 2017|
|English Teacher at Elham Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|IELTS Instructor at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Senior National Islamic Scholar Specialist. at Ministery of Energy and Wa..||Kabul||11 Dec 2017|
|Primary School Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|معلم دری at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|