Head of Division - Programs (STTA)(395 Views)
About Afghanistan Workforce Development Program
Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. The overarching goal of Afghanistan Workforce Development Program (AWDP) is to increase job placements, salaries/wages and self-employment opportunities for Afghan men and women through the provision of market-driven skills training, business training and linkages to credit, business development support and job placement services.
Working under the supervision of the COP/DCOP, the incumbent provides support to Creative/AWDP program in developing the strategic plan for implementation of the AWDP-Program division. The post-holder is also responsible for supervising the cross-program activities initiated/undertaken by the senior specialists within the programs division such as Grants Implementation, Curriculum and Training Content Development, ERS and Career Counselling and Capacity Building and Sustainability divisions. The Head of Division - Programs should undertake regular SWOT analysis of the program division and advise on the identified concerns/appreciations/improvements. The incumbent will also work with AWDP members of the Deputy Ministry, Technical Vocational and Education Training (DM-TVET) providing training and technical support for the achievement of targets set out in the Implementation Letter among USAID, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Education.
|Date Posted:||11 Oct 2017||Reference:||81|
|Closing Date:||21 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Main Responsibilities of Head of Division - Programs:
1. Supervise the activities of Sr. Technical Specialists and oversee the performance of Technical Specialists working in Programs Division.
2. Promote Sr. Technical Specialists and Technical Specialists’ management skills and capacity with regards to professional development, workforce development programs and U.S. government regulations and policies.
3. Assist CoP/DCoP in the preparation of requests for proposals or requests for applications.
4. Review proposals and applications, work with qualified Afghan and international training companies to improve their proposals and applications
5. Evaluate their qualifications and recommend for approval those which are qualified to receive grants or contracts.
6. Provide advice on the development of skills for the Afghan private sector workforce.
7. Monitor AWDP modular competency based training programs.
8. Provide training and professional development opportunities for the senior technical specialists and technical specialist to provide quality technical assistance for the grantees and contractors
9. Provide assistance to contractors or grantees to place mid-career job seekers with private sector companies or generate pay increases for employees of private sector companies.
10. Provide training, support, guidance and encouragement to the selected grantee or contracting companies, as needed, so they may achieve their training and placement targets.
11. Work with AWDP M&E department to make sure grantees/Contractors all training and placement reports are verified and conformed.
12. Evaluate their progress, confirm that all reporting is timely and milestones are met, and approve payment.
13. Ensure that all the lessons learned are documented by the Curriculum, Training, Learning and Development Division, reviewed by relevant divisions and timely responds are made to the recommendations/findings within the Programs Division.
14. Attaining top management’s approval for the sustainability standards and policies and plans for capacity building of AWDP staff and grantees proposed by the Capacity Building and Sustainability Division, ensuring that the standards are implemented and capacity building plans are executed.
15. Supervise the process of developing, implementing, monitoring and quality maintenance of the C3 undertaken by the ERS and C3 division.
16. Supervise the performance of Implementation Division and ensure proper and timely assistance is given to the grantees.
17. The incumbent will also track and regularly report on the gender goals of AWDP.
18. Any other tasks assigned by the management.
1. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, empathetic, proactive, creative problem solving and ethical management.
2. Demonstrated exemplary diplomatic, communication, and interpersonal skills.
3. Organizational acumen and cultural sensitivity.
4. Excellent oral and written English.
1. A master degree or equivalent degree in relevant field with 5 years of experience. Or, Bachelor degree in relevant field with 7 years of experience.
2. Experience in private sector training or business management is a plus.
3. Experience in effectively monitoring and advising private sector training institutions spread across the principal urban areas of Afghanistan.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Economic Growth
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail with “Head of Division - Programs” in the subject line. Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please. Creative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|SENIOR WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR at DAI||Kabul||07 Nov 2017|