Communication & Public Outreach Manager(2419 Views)
About FHI 360 - USWDP Project
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
This position comes under Category B of NTA Scale with a salary range between 128,000 to 256,000 AFN per month.
The Communication & Public Outreach Manager is a full-time, professional position located at the USWDP project office in Kabul. The incumbent is a member of the USWDP management team overseeing operations of the Communications Unit, including the implementation of communication strategy, production of timely, quality internal and external information products, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc project reports, presentations and updates for the donor, quarterly newsletters, success stories, fact sheets and other programmatic communications media, web and outreach materials. S/he will be reporting to the Director of M&E and Communication Unit.
|Date Posted:||11 Oct 2017||Reference:||403|
|Closing Date:||20 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||128000 to 256000 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities and tasks of the position include:
• Manage the day-to-day internal and external communications and public outreach activities of the project.
• Implement procedures and processes for developing reports, publications, and materials; tracking dissemination; preparing for and reporting on events; documenting project activities; storing information; and engaging with the press/media and USAID.
• Manage activities of the USWDP communications team and consultant in the areas of writing and editing, layout/design, information dissemination and events planning.
• Conceptualize the Communication Strategy for USWDP that will inform key project stakeholders and constituencies regarding project objectives, methodologies and achievements to facilitate its operation, enhance its effectiveness, and appropriately position USWDP within its operational environment.
• Ensure clear communications and appropriate acknowledgment in communications; maintain strong quality control for internal and external electronic communications and publications.
• Coordinate with program management staff to ensure ongoing effective utilization of an accurate and efficient system for storing program files, reports, documents, presentations, and outreach materials.
• Engage national media to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline by responding to press queries, scheduling interviews, preparing event briefing memos for USAID and organizing press briefings.
• Ensure program communications, documents and activities meet the requirements of the Branding and Marking Strategy, with reference to all USAID branding/marking requirements and security considerations.
• With assistance of M&E staff, develop graphics, maps, flow charts and diagrams for reports, presentations and handouts.
• Work closely with the technical and program teams to plan events.
• Design and implement a comprehensive and sustained public awareness campaign about qualitative improvement of higher education and workforce development through program activities.
• Keep senior project management apprised of activity progress and carry out other technical, program or senior managerial tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the position supervisor or project leadership.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Key qualifications of the Communication & Public Outreach Manager include:
• Master’s degree with 5 (five) years’ work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 7 (seven) years of relevant work experience. The degree should be in English, journalism, communications.
• At least 5 years of experience managing a communications team. USAID experience highly desirable.
• Proven track record in communications projects, media engagement and events.
• Ability to translate technical material into information products that are accessible to a broader audience through various channels.
• Ability to work in a team and think strategically and critically about the role of information in achieving project objectives.
• Ability to resolve problems and manage a variety of activities with multiple deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and client relations skills.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and editing skills in English, Dari and Pashto.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize work.
• International donor-funded program experience, in particular, knowledge of USAID’s information management and reporting systems.
• Well organized, able to manage multiple tasks.
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision but skillful in collaborating and coordinating with other program staff and partners.
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere).
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
1. This is an open ended job announcement meaning that we will keep the job posting open until we find a suitable candidate for the job.
2. Please Indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line otherwise your application will not be considered.
3. Please include names and contacts for three references.
4. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Communication Officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||01 Oct 2018|