Construction/Irrigation & Monitoring Engineer(1530 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
Building on the Agriculture Master Plan, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoA), in collaboration with its development partners, has defined a number of appropriate priorities for agricultural investments and policies under the National Agricultural Development Framework (NADF). In order to increase farmers' incomes and improve the food security situation, the GoA is giving foremost attention to strengthening of the agricultural production base. In this respect the government has asked the World Bank for assistance in strengthening agricultural input supply systems. Specifically, the GoA has requested the World Bank for assistance in the implementation of the Afghanistan Agriculture Inputs Project (AAIP) that will consist of the following four components: (i) Improve seed production and certification; (ii) Establish infrastructure and policies regarding quality control and safe use of fertilizers and agrochemicals; (iii) Improve input delivery systems; and (iv) Establish efficient project management, implementation and coordination mechanisms.
The development objective of AAIP project is strengthened institutional capacity for safety and reliability of agricultural inputs and sustainable production of certified wheat seed. The implementation phase of the project is expected to start around mid 2013.
Under its Seed Component, the project assists the Agricultural Research Institute of Afghanistan (ARIA) with their mandates of variety selection, maintenance breeding and production of Breeder’s Seed, the Improved Seed Enterprise (ISE) with their mandate to produce Foundation and Registered Seed, and the Afghan National Seed Organization (ANSOR) and its member Private Seed Enterprises (PSEs) with their mandate to produce and market Certified Seed. (NB Seed Certification is supported by another project, funded by the EU) Moreover the project will support the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) with the overall coordination of the seed sector.
Support provided by the project consists of hardware (equipment, constructions, etc.) and software (capacity building, organization, legislation, technical support, etc.). In order to coordinate the activities and provide the support mentioned, the project‘s Management Unit (PMU), apart from administrative and other technical units, contains a seed team consisting of a National Seed Program Coordinator and two National Seed Officers. It also provides short and long term national and international consultants and staff to the implementing partner organizations.
The Construction/Irrigation Monitoring Engineer will report to the regional Civil Engineer. The Construction/Irrigation Monitoring Engineer will submit weekly, biweekly and monthly reports on all activities carried out as part of this assignment and will also prepare other reports as and when required by the regional Civil engineer.
|Date Posted:||11 Oct 2017||Reference:||129/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||20 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities of: Construction/Irrigation Monitoring Engineer
Under the guidance and direct supervision of Sr. Civil Engineer, perform the following technical duties and responsibilities.
• Monitor Vertical & Irrigation structures’ Construction Quality Assurance (QA) and responsible for contractor’s activities on site ensuring that wok is according to contract, scope, drawing and specifications, and they meet the high standards provided by AAIP.
• Review material submitted by contractors for compliance with the BoQ, specifications and drawings, refer to AAIP Senior Engineer for approval where required.
• Ensure that contractors comply with the approved drawings and layouts.
• Monitor field tests required as per specifications,. Keep proper record of all tests carried out.
• Review existing practice by contractors and make recommendations, where remedial action is required, that will improve safety, quality and save time in all new and reconstruction programs undertaken by AAIP.
• Ensure that all safety measures are taken in to consideration and applied at site.
• Ensure that the project is completed within time and recommend best practices if the progress is behind schedule.
• Prepare variation form for change order as per site requirements.
• Preparing punch list of completed works, and monitor remedial works on defects. Will also suggest where needed alternate method of work, keeping in view time and budget.
• Preparing monthly measurement sheets for payments.
• Prepare daily record of work progress at the construction site.
• Maintain contractors daily log book.
• Make sure that the measurement of actual work is done at construction site.
• Facilitate AAIP Payment Certificate as per actual works done at site.
• Prepare measurement sheets,
• Prepare monthly, biweekly and weekly activity progress report.
• Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the Manger.
• Review all standard test forms to be used during laboratory tests, QA/QC testing schedules and procedures and evaluate results as appropriate.
• Review contractor practices and conventional methodologies and make recommendations where remedial action is required
• Recommendation of solutions to quality problems and control of further processing, delivery, installation or use until proper disposition of non-conformance or unsatisfactory works.
• Keep proper filing system for all test results, instructions, submittals, daily reports, weekly reports, monthly reports, meeting minutes.
• Design and Prepare technical specifications for vertical structure/irrigation structure projects, and creating the final site specific drawings of the structures for construction in line with the design and technical specifications requirements for completeness and accuracy.
• Confer with senior engineer the design and conduct research to determine project. Requirements/ scope of work.
• Prepare BOQ for vertical structure/irrigation structure.
• Based in the Kabul Office, but may be asked to make short term visits to provinces for data collection.
Perform any other duty in line with these ToR’s as directed by the Head of Engineering Unit
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good knowledge of vertical structure/irrigation structure project design and implementation, procurement policies, techniques, practices and procedures;
• Good knowledge of quantitative methods to measure supplier capacity;
• Experience in conducting relevant QA/QC tests i.e. tests on soil, aggregates, concrete, preparation of job mix formulas and concrete mix etc.
• Proven ability to produce technical guidelines and specification;
• Knowledge and ability to apply computer application to include MS Office, internet and must know Auto CAD, ETABS, STAAD Pro. , Civil 3D, Total Station.
• Knowledge of sources of supply, market trends, pricing, and other related matters;
• Discretion and sound judgment in applying technical expertise to resolve day-to-day issues;
• Ability to prepare reports and documents in English.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Qualifications-Minimum Requirements & Documents:
1) Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree in engineering or related fields is essential.
2) Professional Certificate in a relevant field and/or a Master’s Degree will be given due weight age.
b. Work Experience and Computer Skills:
1) Minimum 7 years of work experience in the Government or International Organizations in the QC or monitoring and vertical and irrigation structure design.
2) Mechanical experience in HVAC field will be an asset.
3) Computer skills in Ms Excel, Ms Word, Ms Project and AUTO CAD 2D, 3D, ETABS,
STAAD Pro. , Civil 3D, Total Station.
4) Fluency in oral and written English, Dari and Pashto.
5) Knowledge of the Government of Afghanistan and World Bank procurement rules and
procedures is a distinct advantage;
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Send CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Job Location: Traveling to all provinces(Rotation Engineer)
Note: *No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter , the position title , vacancy number and the region in the subject line of the email. *Only selected candidates will be called for interviews
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
|Store Assistant Biomedical at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Ch..||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Draftsman/CAD Assistant at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Design Engineer at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Water Engineer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services ..||Ghowr||05 Mar 2018|
|انجینر دیزاین ساختمانی ت.. at DABS||Kabul||24 Feb 2018|
|Road Design Engineer/Specialist at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Sr. Bridge Design Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Sr. Road Design Specialist at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Site Engineer for Highway at Aziz Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Highway Project Manager at Aziz Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|