ICT and Remote Monitoring Officer, Kabul, Afghanistan(810 Views)
MSI is an international development firm with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. In 2016, we became part of A Tetra Tech Company. Since that time, we have greatly expanded our ability to respond seamlessly and flexibly to client needs with Tetra Tech Company. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In November 2015 MSI was awarded a three-year contract to conduct third party monitoring (TPM) of Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) projects for the World Bank. The ARTF TPM program was put in place to meet a number of objectives:
1. Given an increasingly challenging security environment, the TPM program provides critical data from the field as input to the World Bank’s implementation support and GoA line ministries’ own monitoring systems. The TPM program provides data on nationwide project sites, including asset verification and quality assurance, where World Bank staff are not always able to systematically visit the sites of geographically widely disbursed projects.
2. The TPM program provides additional evidence that World Bank-funded programs are being implemented correctly, provides assurance to donors, focusing on infrastructure quality assurance and social and environmental safeguards, gender issues and select financial/fiduciary aspects.
3. The Supervisor Agent (SA) provides GoA line ministries with project monitoring and data collection support and shows how such practices could improve GoA project performance and results. This also helps strengthen GoA line ministries’ own monitoring programs. The SA reports directly to the World Bank, but also works closely with GoA line ministries responsible for project implementation at local and central levels.
• The ICT and Remote Monitoring officer is responsible to design and develop open source hardware and software solutions for remote monitoring applications using locally sourced, low-cost sensors in challenging environments. Would be required to conduct the field trips when needed to test and troubleshoot the ICT tools/Applications and remote sensors.
• This position is responsible for managing all organization technologies and providing technology support and training.
• Primary duties include: analysing systems and processes, maintaining workstations, networks and maintaining IT polices.
• Preparing the ICT Equipment, Smart-phones and training material for efficient use of technology
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position. **
|Date Posted:||11 Oct 2017||Reference:||0015|
|Closing Date:||16 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the MSI ICT and Remote Monitoring Officer includes:
• Design, build, maintain, and modify code for mobile applications
• Assist, develop/maintain web based dashboard for Remote Monitoring Sensors
• Assist the M&E Technology Manager to define required functionalities and resulting specifications for each ICT and remote monitoring assignments.
• Assemble, test and debug sensor hardware for remote monitoring applications, including but not limited to Arduino and Raspberry Pi-based solutions.
• Assist the M&E Technology Manager design and conduct realistic tests on remote monitoring prototypes.
• Develop ICT and remote monitoring system operation and maintenance manuals
• Train and support local national ICT and remote monitoring user groups
• Provide field support and visit field offices whenever required.
• Maintain the integrity of data, including regular back up and off site storage of back up media.
• Ensure that company IT networks and smart phones in regional, satellite offices, company residences and offices are operational at all times.
• Update/Maintain IT hardware and software inventory
• Assist in the planning, procuring and installation of IT equipment/facilities
• Other duties as assigned by MSI Senior Management
• Good knowledge of IT Technologies (Troubleshooting, Windows Platform, Microsoft Office, Printers, Scanners, Servers, Smartphones and alike.)
• Excellent spoken and written English
The required qualifications for this position are as follows:
• A university degree from a recognized higher education institution in computer science or a related field.
• Minimum two (2) years demonstrable work experience as a hardware and/or software developer.
Remuneration will commensurate with the qualification and experience and comparable to the pay bands of international organizations in the local market.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Intern iOS Developer at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||04 Nov 2017|
|COMPUTER MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT- TEAM LEAD (FSN.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||25 Oct 2017|
|Persian Personalized Internet Assessor - Afgh.. at Lionbridge GSS||Multi Cities||18 Nov 2017|
|Software Developer at DAI||Kabul||27 Oct 2017|
|IT Officer at DABS||Nangarhar||30 Oct 2017|
|Network System Administrator at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||28 Oct 2017|
|تکنیشن کمره امنیتی CCTV came.. at East Power Engineering..||Kabul||30 Dec 2017|
|ICT & IS Expert at Ibrahimzada Group of Companies (IGC)||Balkh||03 Nov 2017|