Data Management Assistant(2848 Views)
About World Health Organization
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations.
The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region.
Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
To provide support to EHA unit and relevant health cluster partners with health data management and information within health cluster team.
To ensure availability of data required for health cluster, health impacts of emergencies and crisis in Afghanistan.
To produce MAPs from the collected health data through GIS
To provide support to EHA unit and relevant health cluster partners with health data management and information within health cluster team
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
Reduce the health consequences of emergencies, disasters and crises.
Reduce morbidity and mortality due to communicable disease outbreaks in emergencies.
Establish coordination mechanism for emergency response with MoPH and health program implementers during emergencies
|Date Posted:||11 Oct 2017||Reference:||WHO-AFG-2017-10-25|
|Closing Date:||18 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||1576 to 1576 USD|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Year|
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Health Cluster Coordinator, and over all guidance of the Head of WCO, Afghanistan, the incumbent will perform the following duties
Data and Mapping:
1. Coordination of health mapping activities for the purpose of humanitarian response through geographical information system (GIS).
2. Support the development and maintenance of the “WHO does What Where” database for active health partners in Afghanistan.
3. Data sharing with the Health Management Information System unit of the Ministry of Public Health and other cluster partners as needed.
4. Facilitate the compilation of health document (data) to be available to Health cluster partners
5. Update and create the emergency profiles for use of health actors.
6. Coordinate the training activities with APHI/DEWS,EPR and other departments and Regional public Health Departments as needed.
7. Ensure all training activities are carried out as planned and take part with the counterpart organizations on their training activities.
8. Ensure all training materials are available for any training planned by EHA unite and properly distributed to the participants.
9. Organize training with relevant program person on invitation of the participants, organizing venue, teaching aids, registration and procurement (stationary, etc).
10. Follow up implementation of training planned at central and provincial level.
11. Monitor all the training related activities according to the plan and assist in providing budget for trainings.
12. Assist and provide data to the relevant program officer for writing the required project and training reports.
13. Make sure the report of all project are submitted to WHO relevant unit and achieve within the unit.
14. Track monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports are prepared by the program and achieve soft and hard copies for reference.
15. Update the WHO Web site regularly with the Emergency unit data, documents after approval of supervisor
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
1. Theoretical and practical knowledge of compiling and analyzing Data with charts.
2. Producing Health Maps
3. Practical knowledge on how to budget activities planned e.g. training etc
WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are particularly encouraged to
apply and equally qualified female candidate will be given preference.
Describe the core, management competencies required - See WHO competency model - list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones (identify a minimum of three and a maximum of five competencies):
1) Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
2) Fostering integration and teamwork
3) Ensuring effective use of resources
Educations: University degree in computer science, a certificate on data management and diploma in GIS software
At least 5 years of working experience with mapping and computerized data management
Relevant experience in the UN/Government/NGO system.
Very good knowledge of English and local languages.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHO-AFG-2017-10-25) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of civil and educational certificates, and National ID (Tazkira) to below email address:
|More jobs in this category|
|Jr. Network Administrator at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||10 Oct 2018|
|Information Technology Senior Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Sep 2018|
|FMIS Technical Advisor at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||06 Oct 2018|
|Senior IT Officer at Ministery of Energy and Water||Kabul||06 Oct 2018|
|متخصص تکنالوژی at Ministry of Defense||Kabul||06 Oct 2018|
|Senior Analyst Database Administrator at Etisalat Afghanistan||Kabul||06 Oct 2018|
|Information Technology (IT) Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||30 Sep 2018|
|Junior Officer – Help Desk at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||25 Sep 2018|