Information Technology Consultant(1387 Views)
About FHI 360 - USWDP Project
Expected Period of Performance Approximately 01 November – 31 December 2017
Place of Performance Kabul, Afghanistan
Total No. of Days Approximately 43 days
The USAID-funded Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is designed to help Afghanistan’s higher education professionals effectively manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of the Afghanistan Higher Education Project and other initiatives, the USWDP project will improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and up to 11 public universities to ensure quality education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. USWDP will also assist in developing learning environments that foster well-qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
To complete the Needs Assessment for IT sector in the local market to make necessary revisions in the curriculum of the IT Associate Degree program at KPU.
|Date Posted:||12 Oct 2017||Reference:||404|
|Closing Date:||21 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 2 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
FHI 360 USWDP seeks a qualified consultant to conduct approximately 30 interviews (20 with representatives from the major IT, telecommunication and business companies, and 10 graduates of IT Associate Degree) with receiving guidance from an International curriculum expert from the Central Georgia Technical College. Survey tools and Interview protocols will be provided for the consultant and discussed ahead of the interviews to verify that the questions are clear. Interviews will be conducted in whichever local language the interviewee prefers (i.e., Dari or Pashto). In addition to providing the survey data and analysis, the consultant will be available for follow up debrief discussion with the USWDP Associate Degree stream team analyzing and writing up study findings (Needs Assessment Report). Prior to the conduct of interviews, the consultant is required to complete an orientation where the interview protocols are practiced and standards for quality and ethical collection of interview data are communicated. In both the orientation and data collection, USWDP or IT College staff members may be present as monitors and facilitators.
Deliverables/Milestones & Due Dates:
Deliverable #1 – Finalized survey tools and conduct interviews:
Tentatively, there will be at least 30 interviews conducted, including up to 20 interviews with the representatives of major IT, telecommunication and business companies and organizations, and 10 graduates from IT Associate Degree program working in different organizations. Due by November 20, 2017.
Deliverable #2 – Develop database to store and analyze survey data:
The consultant will develop a database in an appropriate computer application to store and analyze the survey data. Due by December 05, 2017.
Deliverable #3 – Conduct a workshop:
Conduct a Workshop to discuss the study findings with the IT instructors, Curriculum expert from the Partner College (CGTC), and USWDP Associate Degrees team; and incorporate their comments. Conduct some follow up interviews, if needed. Due by December 16, 2017.
Deliverable #4 – Produce a comprehensive Needs Assessment report:
Produce a comprehensive Needs Assessment Report that includes detailed findings on the technological needs in the local job market and detailed recommendations for the improvement of IT program’s curriculum. The first draft of the report is due for review by December 23, and the final version is due by December 31, 2017.
Deliverables/Milestones & Due Dates
Deliverable LOE Required Estimated Due Date Consultant Fee
- Finalize survey tool, Interview protocol, conduct interview, conduct workshop, produce assessment report 43 days December 31, 2017 100%
• Applicants should have at least Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related field; preference will be given to Master’s degree
• At least two years of experience in conducting assessment or evaluation of programs in the businesses, technology, or other related field.
• Excellent skills both in quantitative and qualitative data analyses and interpretations.
• Good understanding of curriculum development and review preferably in IT field.
• Familiarity with local businesses and employers in the technology sector, and a good knowledge of the technology sector job market.
• Ability to conduct professional outreach to and engage with employers is essential.
• Knowledge of professional certification programs geared toward careers in technology.
• Familiarity with internship, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training programs is a plus.
• Must be very organized and capable of carrying out survey, data collection, data analysis and generating final assessment report.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Fluency (written and spoken) in English and two local languages (Pashto and Dari).
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver project milestones and production deadlines.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested applicants should submit following documents to the email address mentioned below:
• Brief letter of interest describing the applicant’s proposed approach
• Curriculum vitae CV
• Proposed daily rate (or budget) for consultancy
• FHI 360 signed biodata form
Award Type and Selection Criteria
Payment will be based upon Level of Effort (LOE) with reimbursement for related budgeted expenses. All applications received by the stated due date will be evaluated and ranked according to the following selection criteria:
• Demonstrated alignment with “required Skills and Qualifications” referenced above 45 Percent
Past performance and related experience
• Previous experience working with developing training material 30 Percent
Viability and Cost proposal
• Reasonableness of daily rate (based on employment and salary history) 25 Percent
Total 100 Percent
Deliverables, Technical Oversight, and Payment Schedule
• Deliverables will be submitted to the Technical Manager, who will be identified at a later stage of the hiring process. Payment may be requested after completion of one or more task sections shown in the schedule above.
• Payment will be made based on level of effort upon receipt of consultant service log, invoice and deliverables approved by Technical Manager.
• No other expenses, such as Travel Expenses, are authorized under this consultancy
Disclaimers and FHI 360 Protection Clauses
• FHI 360 may cancel the solicitation and not award
• FHI 360 may reject any or all responses received
• Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by FHI 360
• FHI 360 reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions
• FHI 360 will not compensate any offeror for responding to solicitation
• FHI 360 reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion
• FHI 360 may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities
• FHI 360 reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition
• FHI 360 will be contacting each offeror to confirm contact person, address and that bid was submitted for this solicitation
|More jobs in this category|
|Sustainable Biomass Energy System (SBES.. at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Nangarhar||24 Feb 2018|
|Material Engineer at Afghan Tarin Engineering Services (ATES)||Nimruz||28 Feb 2018|
|Quantity Surveyor at Afghan Tarin Engineering Services (ATES)||Nimruz||28 Feb 2018|
|Quality Assurance Engineer at Afghan Tarin Engineering Services (ATES)||Nimruz||28 Feb 2018|