Marketing Specialist(1068 Views)
About Afghanistan Cricket Board
Afghanistan Cricket Board.
The rise of cricket in Afghanistan over the last decade has been an extraordinary story in the world of sports. The rapid growth of cricket in the country and the simultaneous success of the National Cricket Team has resulted in cricket being the most popular sport in Afghanistan. Cricket fans across Afghanistan and beyond have developed immense interest in the game of cricket and the National Cricket Team’s participation in both domestic and international cricketing events is closely followed and draw large crowds at the grounds and followers on Television, print media and the internet.
The Afghanistan Cricket Federation was established in 1995 and Afghanistan was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001. Afghanistan was granted associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003. The president of the country issued a decree on 2nd June 2009 which made Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) an independent governing body for the development and promotion of the game of cricket in the country. In 2013, Afghanistan was granted Associate Member status of ICC following notable progress in different areas of administration and development of the game. Afghanistan obtained Full Membership of ICC in June 2017 to become one of the 12 Full Member nations.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for devising marketing strategies and plans in coordination with the relevant stakeholders including line managers and ACB leadership. This should cover important areas including branding, pricing, sponsorship as well as developing ideas related to creative marketing from inception to completion. The Marketing Specialist should be a competent professional who possesses strong research, analytical and business skills in addition to excellent commercial awareness.
|Date Posted:||12 Oct 2017||Reference:||00-31-2017|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Sales/Marketing||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop operational and strategic departmental plans covering different aspects of marketing
• Design, conduct, analyse and present market research to ensure effective marketing management and business development
• Assess, plan and implement various promotional campaigns to help ACB achieve its short-term and long goals and objectives leading towards the ahcievement of the organisation’s mission and vision
• Organise events for brand awareness and business development puposes by involving potential sponsors and partners
• Coordinate and liaise with sponsors and partners during cricketing events about ground branding, online promotion and etc
• Identify business partners and sponsors for marketing their products and services in ACB’s events, online resources and publications
• Interact with vendors for creation and production of marketing related items
• Be creative to come up with new idea’s, graphic designs, and promotional materials for ACB
• Provides expert direction and insight to marketing staff members throughout daily and each tournment, project and compigan.
• Track marketing strategy result closely and create detailed report with data analysis and other feedback
• Adjusts marketing plans as needed
• Perform and undertake any other individual and group tasks as assigned by the line manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Excellent understanding of marketing concepts including marketing research methods
• Possess excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Passion for sports and understanding of the game of cricket
• Familiarity with rules and regulations of cricketing bodies including the Asian Cricket Council and the International Cricket Council
• Be creative, Innovative, and Self-Starter
• Excellent understanding of national and international media channels, and Marketing Strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing management, business management or a related field
• Proven previous relevant work experience in similar marketing roles with internationally-oriented organisations, ideally in the area of sports and recreation.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
Interested qualified candidates should submit a copy of their CV along with the cover letter to the below mentioned email address.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview/written test.
Afghanistan Cricket Board is an equal employment opportunity for all.
Note: Please mentioned the vacancy number in subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Sales and Distribution Manager at BFD Company||Kabul||05 Mar 2018|
|Marketing Line Managers at Afghanpharma||Kabul||05 Mar 2018|
|Business development & Marketing Officer at Sky Travel & Tours||Kabul||24 Feb 2018|
|Customer Service Officer at Vision Financial Services||Paktia||24 Feb 2018|
|Customer Service Manager at Vision Financial Services||Paktia||24 Feb 2018|
|Senior Sales and Marketing Manager at Boustan-e-Sabz Agricultural Service..||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|
|Information Officer at Karwan University||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|
|Sales Executive at Big Bear Company||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Salesman – Retail Channel at Selab Jawad Non alcoholic Beverages Compan..||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Sales and Marketing Manager at Unique Atlantic Telecommunication LTD||Kabul||20 Feb 2018|
|Marketing,Sales and Distribution Manager at Faizi Masroor Construction Co..||Kabul||24 Feb 2018|