Food Processing Engineering Consultant(1078 Views)
About NEI (Nutrition and Education International)
Founded in 2003, NEI is a certified international nonprofit organization with offices in California, United States (headquarters); Kabul, Afghanistan (main office) and Seoul, South Korea.
To eradicate protein-energy malnutrition among women and children in Afghanistan.
NEI’s mission is to reduce and prevent protein-energy malnutrition and related illnesses in Afghanistan, especially among women and children, by establishing a self-sustainable soybean value chain.
NEI’s self-sustainable four-pillar strategy expands soy nutrition to reduce food insecurity and chronic malnutrition in Afghanistan through:
1. Soybean seed multiplication and certification
2. Soybean cultivation with farmers especially in high mortality areas
3. Soy processing industry development to support humanitarian feeding programs
4. Soybean market and food culture generation for women’s empowerment
Each of these pillars work collectively to create full soy value chain that is sustainable in the long-term, without outside support or supervision.
Under the direction and guidance of the Technical Director or Manager, the Food Process Automation Engineer is responsible for the development, estimation, co-ordination, implementation and completion of assigned soy processing plant and building projects. Objectives are met through the efficient use of allocated funds, in-house personnel, vendors, contractors, internal engineering and external engineering firms
|Date Posted:||13 Oct 2017||Reference:||145|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage construction of new soy processing factories and renovation of existing facilities
• Budget Preparation for factory set up, Maintenance, equipment purchase and commissioning.
• Prepare process flow diagram and layout drawing of new soy processing plants
• Prepare effective time schedules for development and implementation of projects
• Select contractors and supervise installation of machinery and start-up of projects
• Monitor project expenditures to ensure that projects are completed within the allotted budget
• Train plant personnel on newly installed equipment, operational procedures, and trouble shooting.
• Provide technical assistance for the operation of soy processing satellite factories
• Supervise a team of process engineers and technicians
• Well-developed planning, organizational and business skills
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, recruit, lead and marshal the talents of competent resources and execute projects until completion
• Ability to meet deadlines and allocate priorities
• Industrial experience in the design and layout of food processing factories
• Experience in construction related regulatory norms.
• At least four years of experience in food processing or related industry
• Professional knowledge of AutoCAD, Electrical and Electronic drawings for facility layout and installation.
• Strong knowledge and ability to use computer software, such as MS office package (word, excel, power point, project)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent in oral and written communication in English
• Understanding of Afghan Dari or Pashto is an added advantage.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Automation, Chemical, or Food process Engineering or equivalent.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Electrical Engineering
All resumes and cover letters should be e-mailed to Submission e-mail. Note: Please write the post title in the subject of your e-mail failure to follow the instruction your cvs will be rejected automatically . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Store Assistant Biomedical at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Ch..||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Draftsman/CAD Assistant at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Design Engineer at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Water Engineer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services ..||Ghowr||05 Mar 2018|
|انجینر دیزاین ساختمانی ت.. at DABS||Kabul||24 Feb 2018|
|Road Design Engineer/Specialist at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Sr. Bridge Design Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Sr. Road Design Specialist at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Site Engineer for Highway at Aziz Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Highway Project Manager at Aziz Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|