Provincial Coordinator(1622 Views)
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 90 staff members and 450 Local Monitors. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Balkh, Bamyan, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, Nangarhar, Parwan, Baghlan, and Kunduz.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
Our research work is focused on policy-oriented research measuring trends, perceptions and experiences of corruption and covering wide range of corruption related issues including security and justice sectors, extractive industries, budget and public finance management, and aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work is to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledgeable decision-making and informed public debate on corruption and integrity. Our advocacy work includes facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We advocate for access to information; budget transparency, accountability, and participation; aid transparency and effectiveness; social accountability; and other issues related to anti-corruption.
The Provincial Coordinator will assist in the overall implementation of the Programs. He will be directly responsible for the implementation of the program in Herat province.
|Date Posted:||31 Oct 2017||Reference:||38/2017|
|Closing Date:||15 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and duties
- Achieve the expected results and objectives as outlined in the Program Strategy Proposals submitted to different donors.
- Ensure in a professional, efficient and effective manner the execution of the tasks outlined in these TORs.
- Provide guidance and support to collaborators to achieve the expected results.
- Respect and defend the values and principles of IWA.
- Elaborate/approve the work plans of all programs staff in the Province.
- Upon prior approval of the planning, take operational decisions in line with the programs Strategy and programs annual plan, the approved budget and existing management guidelines as well as Program Procedure Manual.
- Firm understanding of Integrity and transparency as well as rural development.
- Able to organize and train local community members.
- Manage large flow of information and make it available to wider program team.
- Propose strategic changes for the programs if deemed necessary, and advice on the overall programs development of IWA
- Organize the Balkh office autonomously in line with the management guidelines.
Coordination and Networking
- Coordinate all provincial activities with all program stakeholders at the provincial level.
- Network with concerned government authorities, CDC and NGOs at provincial levels.
- Mobilize the newly selected communities through arranging meeting and ensure that the community elect their member as LMs in democratic and consensus way.
- Support the work of elected community members (Local Monitors), elected community members as Local Monitors.
- Develop and implement all training activities for the targeted projects, including on job training of FPs in integrity and transparency. Make sure that developed training materials are appropriate-especially for community members with low literacy.
- If there are ongoing reconstruction activities in the province, facilitate monitoring the progress by community members have regular meetings with the members of target communities, including shuras/ Community Development Councils and report to the community on regular basis.
- Elaborate in close cooperation with the PM plan of operation, PO on the light of overall annual program plan.
- Elaborate monthly, and weekly plan
- Implement program activities at the provincial level according to the plan and advise staff and stakeholders, monitor and evaluate all program activities.
- Negotiate with CDCs, Shuras, other community members and Government officials to achieve a maximum possible transfer of know-how and transparency & integrity.
- Arrange monthly meeting with all LMs, and address their problems/concerns.
- Arrange monthly visit to make sure that the Focal Points, Quality Control Engineers provide enough support to the communities and addressing the needs of Local Monitors.
- Assist the provincial department of Economy in set up and coordinating Provincial Monitoring Board.
- Collects and compiles monitoring data from the field and forward it to the Data base Assistant.
- In collaboration with PM and M&E staff, make certain that all program activities are documented according to the log frame and M&E system
Finances and Administration
- Contribute to the elaboration of budgets and plan the expenditures accordingly.
- Oversee the procurement of goods locally.
- Organize the rent of vehicles according to the IWA procurement rules.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly budget forecast for approval to the PM
- Keep records and a professional filing system for program, general administration and finances;
- Ensure that confidentiality and right of privacy is maintained with regard to the collected data and ID of LMs.
- Supervise all Balkh staff to perform well.
- Train and coach field staff.
- Ensure the respect of IWA staff policy and other guidelines.
- Control the attendance and performance of program staff at the provincial level.
- Evaluate the work performance of QCE with close cooperation of Senior Quality Control Engineer, evaluate the performance of Program Assistant and Focal Points.
Reporting and Knowledge Sharing
- Produce narrative reports on projects monitored in the field.
- Prepare monthly reports to the program manager and attend formal meetings with the Government Authorities.
- Prepare half-yearly and yearly project reports of programs provincial activities.
- Assist the Program Manager in networking, coordination and liaison with government and other agencies; on provincial level.
- Provides prompt and accurate reply to the queries put by program management.
- Assist in capitalising experiences and sharing successes and important lessons learnt.
. Complementary Tasks (upon prior request and time availability)
Replace other staff during their absence
Proficiency in English as well in Pashto/Dari
Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, PowerPoint, Spreadsheet analysis, E-mail and other information technology
Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• At least 3 years relevant professional experience, including experience in administrative systems and procedures
• Previous experience in monitoring
Afghanistan - Herat
AF AF 12
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relates to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to below mentioned email. In the e-mail subject line please write “Provincial Coordinator Herat” and your name.
The deadline for applications is 15-Nov-2017. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|DRR & Resilience Advisor to ANDMA at Afghanaid||Kabul||05 Nov 2018|
|(DRR) master trainer at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|(DRR) master trainer at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Social Organizer at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||28 Oct 2018|
|Watershed coordinator at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||25 Oct 2018|
|Programme Associate (Sustainable Results) at United Nations World Food Pr..||Kandahar||28 Oct 2018|
|Project Coordinator at Afghanaid||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Social Organiser at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||31 Oct 2018|
|Judicial Training Specialist at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Senior Project Specialists (1 post - female) at PLACED/MoLSAMD||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|National Professional Officer (Programme and .. at Food and Agriculture O..||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Multiple Positions in WISE Herat at Women Integrity for Society Empowerme..||Herat||07 Nov 2018|