Internal Auditor/Compliance Officer(997 Views)
About Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO)
The Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO as a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high quality health products through commercial markets.
Vision: ASMO’s vision is to serve as a “partner for a better life” in Afghanistan where families (especially women and children) and communities are empowered to protect and improve their health and social well-being; where markets for health products are vibrant and expanding; and where consumer awareness of healthy choices, access to affordable health products and social services steadily improves and is increasingly sustainable.
Mission: ASMO strives to design and implement effective and integrated health and social issue marketing interventions intended to improve the overall well-being of the country's population, especially women and children, while stimulating and increasing private commercial sector participation.
ASMO is partner with Abt Associate Inc under SHOPS Plus project (The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus. The project is a USAID funded program.
The Internal Auditor/Compliance Officer will be responsible to plan, execute and report ongoing operational, program, regulatory and compliance audit. He/she primarily focuses to promote and enhance compliance with applicable donor(s) and government rules and regulations and strengthen internal control measures. The incumbent will report to the Executive Director/BoD as required.
|Date Posted:||01 Nov 2017||Reference:||ASMO-KAB-044|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities may include, but not limited to the followings:
Risk Assessment and Compliance Check:
• Plan and conduct financial, regulatory, and operational review to assess adequacy and effectiveness of control in place
• Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to the internal policies and also to the donor’s procurement and financial regulations
• In response to the assessment, identify and suggest proper control to mitigate risks
• Conduct compliance checks and review processes/financial and other information to ensure compliance with the USAID standards provision applicable for non-governmental organizations
• Provide value-added advice and support to management on the development or modification of policies, procedures, processes to ensure an appropriate level of internal control and compliance are maintained
• Review monthly financial reports of the organization before submitting to donor(s)
Field work and Investigation:
• Perform audits of inventories and equipment in each operational area, Kabul, Mazari-Sharif, Herat, Jalalabad and Kandahar
• Plan and conduct regulatory and compliance audit in each operational area (main and regional warehouses) to assess adequacy and effectiveness of control in place
• Conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by senior management/Board of Directors
• Provide consultative support to branches and departments with regard to the adequate design and execution of risk management processes
• Participate in process related to the nomination and engagement of external auditors
• Ensure external auditors have access to relevant internal audit report and other reports required as part of an audit.
Reporting on Findings:
• Prepare audit reports in line with the approved audit plan and in accordance with standards of internal audit
• Discuss audit findings and recommendations with line managers and report significant issues to the Executive Director/Board of directors
• Prepare an action plan with the management team to address findings/gaps identified in external audit
• Ensure audit work is documented, retained in a way that meet external auditor requirement
• Provide senior management with an opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the internal controls
• Report on internal control issues and the implementation of the internal audit plan to the Executive/Board of Directors
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Excellent understanding of standards of the internal audit, international standards of accounting
• Solid understanding of risk and control concept. Ability to apply these concepts to evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of business process and controls to mitigate risk
• Good knowledge and understanding of USAID Standard Provisions applicable to non-governmental organizations
Personal/ Other Skills:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as time management and organization skills
• Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building and problem solving
• Strong analytical capability and personal integrity and strong ethics and values
• Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving
A recognized professional designation in accountancy or internal auditing (CA, CPA) auditing is required. Candidates with MBA with two years or more professional training in audit/compliance will be regarded as second choice for eligibility review.
Excellent knowledge of financial business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 3 to 4 years of progressive work in USAID funded projects
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Job application consist of CV and cover letter can be received electronically via email provided or printed copy CV to the office address at: Qala-E Fathullah, Street One, Lane 1 on the right, House# 101 (Close to Home Minister's House)
Most importantly and the receipt process facilitated, Email subject line should include the job title as: Internal Auditor/ Compliance Officer VA #: ASMO-KAB-044
This post is re-announced. Candidates who previously applied for whether shortlisted for test or not are discouraged to apply, if applied their CVs will be marked as disqualified. Female candidates who meet job requirements are encouraged to apply. This position is for Afghan National ONLY. If shortlisted, documentary evidence will be obtained.
Application should include updated CV (resume or curriculum vitae) not more than 3 or 4 pages and cover letter. Not additional documents and certificates are acceptable at this stage of the application. CV’s should properly labeled with your first name/last name.
ASMO is an equal opportunity employer. All ethnic groups and both genders are urged to apply
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر محاسبه مواد at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|مدیر محاسبه عواید at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|Finance officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Exams Finance Officer at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|