Electrical Engineer(1078 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
Building on the Agriculture Master Plan, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoA) in collaboration with its development partners has defined a number of appropriate priorities for agricultural investments and policies under the National Agricultural Development Framework (NADF). In order to increase farmers' incomes and improve the food security situation, the GoA is giving foremost attention to strengthening of the agricultural production base. In this respect the government has asked the World Bank for assistance in strengthening agricultural input supply Systems. Specifically, the GoA has requested the World Bank for assistance in the preparation of the Afghanistan Agriculture Inputs Project (AAIP) that will consist of the following four components: (i) Improve seed production and certification; (ii) Establish infrastructure and policies regarding quality control and safe use of fertilizers and agrochemicals; (iii) Improve input delivery systems; and (iv) Establish efficient project management, implementation and coordination mechanisms.
The development objective of AAIP project is to increase adoption of improved crop production technologies through expanding development of certified seeds and improving access to agricultural inputs of reliable quality
The Electrical Engineer will report to the Senior Civil Engineer. The Design Engineer will submit weekly, biweekly and monthly reports on all activities carried out as part of this assignment and will also prepare other reports as and when required by the Senior Civil engineer.
|Date Posted:||02 Nov 2017||Reference:||118/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||15 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of Sr. Civil Engineer, perform the following technical duties and responsibilities.
Electrical engineer design, install and maintain internal electrical heating and air conditioning systems, laboratories machineries and to do shop drawings, procurement, site supervision, installation, testing and commissioning of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and firefighting services in building, fumigations, laboratories and workshops construction field.
• Design internal electrical heating system and pipe work systems in buildings like office fumigation, laboratories and workshop and others.
• Carry out regular maintenance and repairs of all systems to make sure they are working safely and efficiently
• Make sure systems meet their original design specification by testing and checking carefully.
• Install the control panels that operate and adjust heating systems.
• Ability to explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals.
• Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing electrical activities.
• Carry out auto repairs and replace damaged parts.
• Finding faults and offer recommendations.
• Undertaking electrical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
• Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Be well familiar with international and local codes and standard in related fields of mechanical systems.
• Be well familiar with the local market requirements related to mechanical construction field.
• Be well familiar with the local Authorities requirements for the mechanical construction field.
• Be able to work independently and under pressure.
• To have a habit of regular reporting to the management for project updates.
• Be able to make quick, firm, fair & wise decisions.
• Be able to handle multiple tasks of multiple projects of different construction natures.
• Be able to estimate the resource requirements for each phase of construction.
• Be able to estimate the time requirements for each phase of project construction.
• Have a thorough knowledge of available building mechanical services resources in the local and international market.
• To be well versed in written and spoken English, Pashto & Dari.
• Be able to implement reasonable cost savings during construction.
• Be able to apply all computer skills required for mechanical related design drawings, calculations, BoQ, planning, implementations, reporting etc.
• Be familiar with the use of installation, testing and commissioning tools and equipment.
• Knowledge and ability to apply computer application to include MS Office, internet and must know Auto CAD, ETABS.
• Knowledge of sources of supply, market trends, pricing, and other related matters.
• Discretion and sound judgment in applying technical expertise to resolve day-to-day issues;
• Ability to prepare reports and documents in English.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Qualifications-Minimum Requirements & Documents:
1) Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree in engineering or related fields is essential. Prefrence will be given to Master degree holder
B. Work Experience
1) Minimum 5 years of work experience in the Government or International Organizations in vertical structure electrical system design.
2) Electrical experience in field will be an asset.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Electrical Engineering
Send CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Our Address is: Jamal Mina, Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Note: *No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter , the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email. *Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
|شفت کار دسپیچینگ مرکزی at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|Energy and cold chain supervisor at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kunduz||31 Jan 2018|
|میترخوان at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|معاونیت عملیاتی حوزه کند.. at DABS||Kandahar||25 Jan 2018|