Social Safeguards, and Gender Specialist(1008 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
Building on the Agriculture Master Plan, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoA) in collaboration with its development partners has defined a number of appropriate priorities for agricultural investments, and policies under the National Agricultural Development Framework (NADF). In order to increase farmers' incomes and improve the food security situation, the GoA is giving foremost attention to strengthen the agricultural production base. In this respect the government has asked the World Bank for assistance in strengthening agricultural input supply systems. Specifically, the GoA is implementing Afghanistan Agriculture Inputs Project with funding support by the World Bank under ARTF funding mechanism. AAIP consists of the following four components: (i) Improve seed production and certification; (ii) Establish infrastructure and policies regarding quality control and safe use of fertilizers and agrochemicals; (iii) Improve input delivery systems; and (iv) Establish efficient project management, implementation and coordination mechanisms.
The development objective of AAIP project is strengthened institutional capacity for safety and reliability of agricultural inputs and sustainable production of certified wheat seed.
The summary of the position are ensuring appropriate consideration and application of social, and gender aspects of ESMF implementation, compliance monitoring, reporting and capacity building of relevant project staff and relevant community members and farmers in understanding social concerns and how to mitigate them.
|Date Posted:||02 Nov 2017||Reference:||016/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||15 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
As member of the AAIP ESMF implementation team, the incumbent will support the AAIP Director, in the implementation of the ESMF. Specifically he/she will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Develop Social screening & assessment procedures for the implementation of the ESMF of AAIP and as a basis for developing the social, and gender aspects in the ESMPs,
• Monitor social compliance of ESMF implementation in AAIP,
• Identify social concerns and potential impacts of sub-projects, and recommend mitigation measures according to sub-project stage (design, construction and operation),
• Develop gender strategy for AAIP,
• Follow up on the gender strategy implementation in AAIP and MAIL,
• Coordination of gender related activities with MAIL gender Unit,
• Making sure that both gender equity, and equality is taken care inside AAIP,
• Act as focal point for gender related issues and conflicts throughout implementation of the project,
• Act as focal point for complaints related to sexual, and emotional harassments of women in the project,
• Ensure that the social risks of sub-project implementation are adequately addressed through the application of various guidelines for social screening and assessment,
• Ensure consultations are done with stakeholders - including private sector and local farmers groups as well as communities, to elicit the views of both male, and female stakeholders,
• Ensure public and social awareness guidelines are implemented and monitored,
• Prepare periodic reports that address the social issues, and submit them to AAIP director.
• Organize and implement continuous training programs and sessions to the relevant staff of AAIP, community members and farmers on gender, and social aspects,
• Ensure that an easily accessible GRM (Grievance Redress Mechanism) is functional and included in reporting system,
• Maintain close linkage for flow up of information between World Bank and AAIP regarding social issues in project implementation,
• Ensure implementation of a communication strategy related to social safeguards,
• Develop smooth reporting mechanisms and working relationships with all relevant staff of AAIP and address whenever serious social issues arise in the field,
• Provide, disseminate and disclose the relevant ESMF and ESMP documents in the form and language understandable for the relevant staff working with AAIP, government counterparts and other stakeholders including local communities,
• Perform other duties as requested by the AAIP Director and management team.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Basic knowledge of gender related issues in Afghanistan, Basic knowledge of agriculture and its challenges in Afghanistan, Understanding of challenges faced by disadvantaged and vulnerable people including (but not limited to) the poor women etc,
• Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise reports,
• Experience with World Bank funded projects is an asset,
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office packages, especially MS Power Point, MS Word and MS Excel,
• Able to work under pressure and as team member and work for long hours as and whenever required,
• Fluent in English as well in Pashto / Dari ( speaking and writing),
• Able to travel to provinces whenever required for social monitoring of the sub-project activities.
• BSc in environment, agricultural extension, social studies, gender related studies, political studies or other relevant fields,
• Advanced degree (MSc) in one of the above mentioned fields is an asset,
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience (with BSc) or 3 years of relevant experience (with MSc) in the areas of social impact analysis, and gender,
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Send CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Our Address is: Jamal Mina, Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Note: *No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter , the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email. *Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
|Female Poultry Extension Agent at CARD-F||Kabul||30 Mar 2018|
|Watershed Management Officer at MAIL/CPMO||Kunduz||31 Mar 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Gardener باغبان at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Social Water Management Specialist at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||30 Mar 2018|
|Agronomist at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||30 Mar 2018|
|OFWM Engineer at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||30 Mar 2018|
|Irrigation Engineer at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||30 Mar 2018|
|National Seed Program Coordinator (Re announc.. at ( Ministry of Agricul..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Livestock Extension Worker at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||26 Mar 2018|
|National Database Assistant at Food and Agriculture Organization of the U..||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|
|Poultry Production Specialist at Hawk Vision||Kabul||22 Mar 2018|