Field Engineer/Construction Supervisor (Regional)(2109 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
Building on the Agriculture Master Plan, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoA) in collaboration with its development partners has defined a number of appropriate priorities for agricultural investments and policies under the National Agricultural Development Framework (NADF). In order to increase farmers' incomes and improve the food security situation, the GoA is giving foremost attention to strengthening of the agricultural production base. In this respect the government has asked the World Bank for assistance in strengthening agricultural input supply Systems. Specifically, the GoA has requested the World Bank for assistance in the preparation of the Improving Agricultural Inputs Delivery System (IAIDS) project that will consist of the following four components: (i) Improve seed production and certification; (ii) Establish infrastructure and policies regarding quality control and safe use of fertilizers and agrochemicals; (iii) Improve input delivery systems; and (iv) Establish efficient project management, implementation and coordination mechanisms.
The development objective of IAIDS project is to increase adoption of improved crop production technologies through expanding development of certified seeds and improving access to agricultural inputs of reliable quality.
The Junior Construction Supervisor will work under the direct supervision of Sr. Civil Engineer and Project Director, and will be responsible for the overall Engineering Issues of the Project.
|Date Posted:||02 Nov 2017||Reference:||083/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||15 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of Senior Civil Engineer of the project the junior Construction Supervisor must carry out and be Responsible for the following activities:
• With coordination to the agricultural experts of the Project, Review of feasibility study, Survey and Design of agricultural farms, Laboratories, and Quarantine stations - Some of them will be contracted to firms and contractors.
• Review the design documents of farms which are designed by consultant, if necessary and found defects may give the comments, or go ahead to consultant.
• Review the bid documents and technical specifications.
• Assist in the establishment of accurate Bills of Quantity and cost estimates for all civil engineering works.
• Supervise the consultant to do the survey and design works properly on agricultural farms.
• Supervise the consultant to do the remodeling of laboratories, and survey and design of plant quarantine networks.
• Prepare and submit reports on project works, contractor’s performance, and quality of works.
• Preparation of the activity plan.
• Preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as appropriate.
• Attend on biding of the civil engineering projects, when needed.
• Produce the survey, design, construction drawings of civil engineering works when needed.
• Completing other tasks assigned by AAIP director, and senior Civil engineer.
• Oversee all construction works in the region as assigned by PMU
• Preparation of daily check list and punch list.
• Make use of site journal, record comments and observation on the works.
• Prepare site inspection reports, measurement books, etc.
• Review variation orders, libratory test results and bill of quantities.
• Review invoices prepared by the contractors and ensure their timely submittal.
• Ensure reporting of accurate percentage of work completed.
• Ensure that timely and accurate progress reports, invoices, variations orders, site orders are prepared and submitted by the contractors.
• Prepare monitoring reports as per the schedule given by PMU and submit to Sr Civil Engineer of Project.
• Use standards and official monitoring template for data collections as provided.
• Ensure that the implementation is being carried out in association with quality and in compliance with the designs.
• Make sure that work on the site is according with monitoring plan and specifications.
• Ensure compliance with QA/QC requirements of AAIP in civil works carried out by the contractors.
• Ensure works done by the contractors are according to the design drawings and specifications.
• Ensure compliance with environmental and safety requirements by the construction personnel
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Understanding of implementing works contracts.
• Ability to review and check the survey, design and biding documents of Irrigation, buildings, and other facility of agricultural farms project.
• Ability to read and implement construction documents, like design, BOQ, etc.
• Ability to prepare reports and documents in English
• Ability to work in teams
• Availability and willingness to undertake extensive project site visits (Provinces).
• Good communication skills
• Proficiency in English, Pashto and Dari
• Highly self motivated individual with a demonstrable ability to work under pressure
• Maintain high standards of commitment and integrity
• Accept responsibility and show initiative.
• Ability to work long hours when required.
• B. Sc in Civil Engineering.
• Minimum 3 years practical experience in building, irrigation, and supervision of civil engineering works.
• Experience in review of, survey, design, technical specification of construction Projects.
• Experience in survey and design of agricultural farms, and plant quarantine network will be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Send CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Our Address is: Jamal Mina, Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Job Location: Rotation Engineer (Traveling to all provinces)
Note: *No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter , the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email. *Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||04 Apr 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer (Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP ..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Baghlan||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern (Infrastructure) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Surveyor Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|