Project Manager(3109 Views)
-DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 07 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
• The Project Manager reports to Operation Manager and shall be responsible for smooth running of field projects to ensure qualitative and quantitative implementation of all projects at the field level.
• The Project Manager is charged with the oversight of all regional and Field Offices as well as implementation of the WASH Projects as standalone projects.
• The Project Manager plays a vital coordinating role in ensuring that the different sub-departments in the Programme as well as Regional offices provides on-time technical supports and services to the field offices.
• The Project Manager will undertake regular oversight of DACAAR regional and field offices to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with the plan, implementation methodology and donor requirements.
• The Project Manager will also visit the Regional and Field Offices for ensuring that Administrative, Logistical Financial and HR services in support of project implementation are provided in compliance with the organization’s established policies and procedures.
• The Project Manager ensures that regulations at Regional and Field level are in place and adhered to.
|Date Posted:||02 Nov 2017||Reference:||PS026/2017|
|Closing Date:||04 Dec 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||1134 to 1134 None|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Regular supervision and monitoring of the regional and field offices activities.
• To ensure that the projects implementation carried out based on the approved LFA, following a holistic approach i.e. WASH following DACAAR implementation methodologies, approach and guidelines.
• Collection of required data in close collaboration with the relevant regional managers/staff to develop project proposal and reports.
• To attend coordination meetings in close collaboration with the operation manager.
• To ensure the security policy and procedure are applied in the field level
• Project identification, preparing of survey in planned projects areas and prepare future projections as well.
• Monitor, supervise and coach staff during visits to regional offices/Field offices
• Prepare monitoring report on each project after field visit and recommend suggestion for improvement to regional managers, field staff and operation manager.
• Suggest and assist operation manager to conduct training at field level as necessary and appropriate
• Manage and supervise activities of WASH (ECHO+SIDA) in the field offices.
• Represent operation Sub-Department at internal and external meeting/forums when directed.
• To ensure that the progress report (monthly, quarterly, six months and annual basis ) is matching the actual achievements on the ground and according to approved LFA.
• Assist Grant and Monitoring Sub-Department on preparing required reports for donors, government and DACAAR timely.
• Any other tasks given by operation manager.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
• Proven written and oral communication skills, Ability to plan and organize own work, deliver results and meet deadlines, Ability to work effectively within a team, supporting others, and fostering a positive team environment, Ability to write clear and concise technical documents and reports, Excellent representational skills, Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a multi-location/ mixed
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education : University degree, BSc in civil Engineering, Master Degree is preferred
Experience: At least 5 years relevant experience in WASH projects
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
• Proven written and oral communication skills, Ability to plan and organize own work, deliver results and meet deadlines, Ability to work effectively within a team, supporting others, and fostering a positive team environment, Ability to write clear and concise technical documents and reports, Excellent representational skills, Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a multi-location/ mixed team, Good knowledge of MS office software such as Excel, Word, and Access,
Languages : Fluent in written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English
• Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
• Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
• 24 days of paid annual leave per year
• 10 days of paid sick leave per year
• 2 days weekend
• 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
• 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 15 days of public holidays per year
• Transportation allowance AFN (1500)/ month.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to mentioned email or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
• Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
• DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/, acbar website www.acbar.org/; jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
• Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
• The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر پروژه آبرسانی لوگر at Afghanistan Urban Water Su..||Logar||28 Jul 2018|
|مدیر پروژه آبرسانی گردیز at Afghanistan Urban Water ..||Gardez||28 Jul 2018|
|مدیر پروژه آبرسانی فاریا.. at Afghanistan Urban Wate..||Faryab||25 Jul 2018|
|مدیر پروژه آبرسانی لغمان at Afghanistan Urban Water ..||Laghman||25 Jul 2018|
|مدیر پروژه آبرسانی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and ..||Kabul||25 Jul 2018|
|Design Engineer at Ministry Of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Monitoring Engineer at Ministry Of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|Five Engineer, Five Technician, Five Electric.. at APEC||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|
|Solar System Engineer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Construction Manager at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||07 Aug 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||29 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Procurement Director at Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|