Finance Assistant(2543 Views)
About (افغان تیلی کام (سلام
Afghan Telecom Corporation was incorporated in 24 September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fiber optics, copper and satellite operations.
Accordingly, Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers' needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities. Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. The company is working continuously to fulfill and satisfy the market requirements, keeping pace with the emerging technologies in the telecommunications sector and satisfying the customer's needs. Afghan Telecom Corporation understands that the world is changing very fast & rapid and telecommunication is the only medium which can adapt to the changing times. Afghan Telecom is the pioneer in implementing new telecommunication services in Afghanistan & a leader in the Afghanistan telecommunication market. The role & use of telecommunications is significant for the development of the people & the country. Believing in the importance of its customers and fulfillment of their needs, Afghan Telecom Corporation is constantly adopting different Strategies that aim to support and re-enforce its competitive position. Based on its strategy, Afghan Telecom strives to enhance customer- oriented culture in all its business aspects & modus - operandi. This culture has been reflected in the organizational design of the company that comprises the best expertise in the Management level, a number of Functional Departments and Four Key Business development & Sales Units focused on the Key Afghan Telecom Customer Categories & sale points which are:
1. Teleshops sale points
2. Key Account - Corporate sale points
3. Individual sale points
4. Dealers sale points
In the last two years, Afghan Telecom has gone beyond its local borders to the international markets, forming a network of businesses to international carriers with the OFC backbone with the total project length 3,100 Km in Afghanistan. Currently interconnected with neighboring Countries Pakistan, Iran, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan with its National Optical Fiber and working to connect Turkmenistan in near future.
As the Afghan Telecom is a firm with the strong involvement of the government, the strategic aim is to create a viable business organization able to make profits and operate as a corporate entity. In order to have predicted achievement of Afghan Telecom targets, MCIT/Afghan Telecom is seeking for a qualified and experienced CEO.
The incumbent is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations
|Date Posted:||04 Nov 2017||Reference:||308|
|Closing Date:||15 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
• Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
• Prepare, verify, and process invoices and coding payment documents
• Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
• Data enter invoices for receipts
• Process backup reports after data entry
• Manage the weekly cheques run
• Record all cheques
• Prepare customer cheques for mailing
• List all customer cheques in the log book
• Prepare manual cheques as and when required
• Maintain listing of accounts receivable
• Maintain the general ledger
• Maintain updated vendor files and file numbers
• Print and distribute monthly financial reports
• Reconcile monthly the accounts degrees
• Maintain monthly reconciliation report by updating the aging report.
• Review reports and notify manager of discrepancies.
• Identify/research/resolve any account problems/variances.
• Process invoices for collection
• Collect billing information from campuses.
• Maintain inventory for office supplies and equipment.
• Distribute receivable/revenue accounts to responsible individuals at end of month.
• Any other task assigned by Receivable Assistant or Management
• Accounts payable assistantt receive and verify invoices
• Audit transactions to ensure they follow proper policies and procedures
• Prepare in-voices in batches for data entry
• Enter invoices into the system
• Prepare manual checks, maintain general ledgers, maintain vendor files and maintain monthly financial reports.
• Accounts payable assistants also process payroll checks accurately
• Maintain the confidentiality of employee files, process forms
• Calculate salaries and benefits, audit pay amounts, hours of work and deductions
• Enter data into the payroll system, maintain a log of checks and maintain source deductions and taxes.
• Posting all cash receipts, discounts, allowances, price difference, returns and
• Other charge backs to customer accounts timely and accurately.
• Maintain up-to-date billing system
Problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficiency in Excel is required
• knowledge of office administration and bookkeeping procedures
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Team building skills
• Bookkeeping skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Minimum bachelor degree in BBA or related degree
• Should have at least two years experience in the relevant field
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Afghan Telecom corporate office
4th Floor Post Parcel Building
Mohammad Jan Khan Watt, Kabul Afghanistan.
1. Applications will be reviewed thoroughly and only those candidates will be contacted for interviews whose qualifications meet the requirement of the job.
2. Short listed candidates are normally contacted within a week after the deadline for applications.
3. Applicants should have at least two references of the supervisors/co-workers, with whom they have worked.
4. Afghan Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and applications are reviewed based on merits and without regard to applicants race, ethnicity, beliefs, age, gender, marital status and physical or mental disability.
5. In the subject line please mention the vacancy number ,position and province
6. Please attach all your academic documents with work application form in the mentioned email address.
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر محاسبه مواد at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|مدیر محاسبه عواید at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|Finance officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Exams Finance Officer at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|