Travel Assistant(2365 Views)
The United States Government (USG), represented by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission in Afghanistan, is seeking applications from qualified Afghan Nationals to perform duties as a Travel Assistant under a personal services contract, as described in this solicitation.
The Travel Assistant serves as the focal point for all travel related work and is responsible for providing the full range of travel and visitor services to U.S. Direct Hire (USDH), U.S. Personal Services Contractor (USPSC), Cooperating Country National (CCN) and Third Country National (TCN) employees of USAID and support services to official visitors. This position will be within the USAID travel help desk and will receive direct supervision from the supervisory Travel Assistant. The preferred mode of travel in Afghanistan is by air, via commercial airlines, Embassy Air or military flights. The incumbent is responsible for preparing official travel documents for all employees and their authorized dependents, ensuring that all Mission travel adheres to Agency and U.S. Government (USG) travel policies and regulations. The incumbent advises staff on the travel regulations, recommends innovative solutions to streamline travel procedures and automate processes to provide high level of customer service. The incumbent liaises with the Embassy General Services Office (GSO) Travel Section.
Type of vacancy: Multiple
Work hours: 40 hours (Full time)
Position Grade: FSN-07
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Date Posted:||06 Nov 2017||Reference:||USAID/306/18/05/OM|
|Closing Date:||19 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Travel/Tourism||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The incumbent prepares electronic and paper travel authorizations (TAs) for all official and entitlement travel for all types of employees. The incumbent arranges all travel and advises employees on their entitlements and authorized allowable expenses. May also advise staff on authorized routing, modes of transportation and shipping allowances. The incumbent is fully conversant and knowledgeable of travel authorized for temporary duty (TDY), permanent change of station (PCS), and home leave/return to post, rest and recuperation (R&R)/, emergency visitation travel, educational travel, children of separated families and medical evacuation.
• The incumbent serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for End to End Solutions (E2) travel arrangement and serves as official trainer for new staff on the E2 travel system. Schedules trainings as needed. Serves as the primary point of contact on all official travel related questions. Researches applicable Foreign Affair Manual (FAM), Automated Directive System (ADS), federal travel regulations and Mission/Agency policies to answer travel questions. Interprets complex regulations and policies. Solves the majority of travel problems independently. The incumbent provides creative solutions to travel concerns while enforcing travel regulations and policies.
• The incumbent maintains an electronic and paper filing system for all travel authorizations and ensures proper maintenance, filing and storage of travel documents in accordance with the Automated Directive System, ensuring all necessary documents are maintained in the vital records system of the Mission. The incumbent prepares and maintains current evacuation travel authorizations for USDH/USPSCs and prepares evacuation packets.
• The incumbent regularly coordinates with Embassy GSO/Travel in order to issue travel tickets, also coordinates with GSO/Travel for visa issuance. The incumbent ensures all supporting documentation is sufficient to pass an audit, including authorizations for business class travel. As one of the final reviewers in the E2 system incumbent ensures accuracy, appropriate supporting documentation and adherence to regulations.
• The incumbent advice employees on Mission shipment allowances (Household Effects (HHE), Unaccompanied Air Baggage (UAB) Consumables Shipments (CNS),) and regulations as per Afghanistan Service Recognition Package (ASRP) and post policy.
• The incumbent regularly coordinates with GSO Shipping team in order to arrange employee’s inbound and outbound shipments, scheduling pack out and pre pack out surveys.
• The incumbent keep track and follow employee’s inbound shipment both GSO shipping at post and travel and transportation division in Washington, DC.
• The incumbent arranges Declining Balance Card (DBC) for CCN staff traveling on Temporary Duty (TDY). Liaises with the Office of Financial Management (OFM) on issues related to the funding of TAs and the DBCs and also coordinates with OFM’s voucher examiners to ensure reimbursements are made in a timely manner.
• The incumbent maintains accurate records of staff travel dates, ensuring a reliable report on any given day as to who is in and out of country and also updates and maintains various lists, such as individual staff out of country days, TCN and long-term TDYer visa status, and TDY staff in country.
Excellent interpersonal skills and genuine interest in assisting the Mission staff with travel issues are necessary. A high degree of professionalism and discretion in resolving travel issues are essential requirements for this the position. The incumbent must have the ability to exercise sound judgment; originate ideas and creative solutions to a variety to travel issues; and handle requests and complaints with patience, diplomacy and tact. The incumbent must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task to manage varied requests with each having its own timeline and must have demonstrated computer skills.
Education: Two years college degree is required. (Education requirement must be met at the time of application for the subject position).
Work Experience: A minimum of three years of experience providing administrative or customer services in a customer service providing industry, or government/non-governmental institution, or a private sector is required. (Work experience requirement must be met at the time of application for the subject position).
Language: Language Proficiency: Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading of English language and Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading of Dari and/or Pashto is required. (English language ability will be tested).
Knowledge: Ability to understand regulations and policies and ability to interpret those policies and regulations is needed. Flexibility to maintain professional relationship with all categories of customers in time sensitive environment is required. Must remain current with Agency and Embassy management policies.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents to with a Subject line: Travel Assistant (OM 1805).
ANY/ALL application submissions received after the closing date of November 19, 2017 will not be considered.
1. Cover memo/email text that outlines how your qualifications and experience meet the selection criteria.
2. Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174)
https://af.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/268/Form_DS-174.doc (A copy of the DS-174 form can also be downloaded from ACBAR.org under this link http://www.acbar.org/applicationform. Applicants who are accessing this solicitation through jobs.af can download directly from the website) AND
3. A current resume or a curriculum vitae
IN ORDER TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION CONSIDERED, YOU MUST SUBMIT ALL THREE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. IF YOU OMIT ANY OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, COVER PAGE, CV or DS-174 FORM, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
This vacancy is open only to Afghan Nationals.
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained.
Applications submitted as .RAR file will not be accepted by the system
Candidates who are applying for this position must fully meet the education requirement (graduated and degree and/or diploma already received) as specified. At the time of applications, candidates must also meet in full the experience requirement. There is no exception for these requirements.
Short-listed candidates will be requested to provide educational documents such as degrees, diplomas, certificates and other pertinent documents as needed. Failure to provide the required documentation will result the rejection of their application from further consideration.
The Agency retains the full right to cancel or amend the solicitation and associated actions.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!