Team Assistant(1493 Views)
About World Health Organization
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations.
The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region.
Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
To provide a variety of secretarial/administrative work in support of project/programme activities.
|Date Posted:||06 Nov 2017||Reference:||WHO-AFG-2017-11-26|
|Closing Date:||15 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||1293 to 1293 USD|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
To deliver WHO core functions at country level with a particular focus on the organization’s directing and coordinating role for international health as expressed in the Constitution. In this framework, specific activities include:
• Support to the formulation, implementation and evaluation of national health policies, strategies, and plans;
• Development and management, at the country level, of the organization’s programme of technical cooperation and coordination of the organization’s activities with those of other bodies and with the Government’s National Health Programmes to this end.
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment):
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative/Finance Officer (POL), and the overall Supervision of the WHO Representative, the incumbent will be responsible to perform the following tasks.
Budget / Finance
1. 1. Prepare of Budget Breakdown of NIDs / SNIDs /MOP Ups / AFP / NNT-Measles.
2. 2. Track financial expenses and immediate report of unspent fund.
3. 3. Prepare NTAFs, for all type of training workshops and seminars related to Polio/EPI.
4. 4. Prepare Admin / Finance missions report (Monitoring of NID payment…..).
5. 5. Process Advance Payment requests.
6. 6. Process part of field travel claims.
7. 7. Receive incoming e-mails and pouch and follow up on action required.
8. 8. Prepare documents, such as, letters, memoranda, reports, bid specifications, permits, and forms, purchasing requisitions, payment requests.
9. 9. Maintain efficient filling system.
10. 10. Register and monitor the daily, routine movement of the office vehicles and monitor driver's performance.
11. 11. Attend the repair and maintenance of WHO vehicles.
12. 12. Make arrangement for Polio/EPI trainings and workshops
13. 13. Monitor the AFP rented vehicles, and make sure applying all the agreement's conditions prepared by WHO, and keep an eye on the driver's performance.
15. 14. Keep track of POLIO / EPI staff's contracts and preparing request for extension.
16. 15. Update Polio personnel records and assist employees with forms needed.
17. 16. Calculate Staff's leave and keeping track of leave balances.
18. 17. Arrange ID cards for polio National/International staff.
19. 18. Arrange for WHO Staff's travel by road or by Air.
20. 19. Obtain security clearances for WHO staff and WHO Vehicles.
21. 20. Identify driver to go on mission, (Rotation system between drivers for missions).
22. 21. Arrange accommodation for POLIO / EPI international Staff
23. 22. Keep track on expiry date of Visas.
24. 23. Obtain Visa as required or follow up with country office for obtaining visas.
25. 24. Any other duties as required by the Supervisor.
Achievement Activities Include:
- Efficient flow of information and filling system.
- Meet deadlines and timely respond to requests.
- Timely and accurate processing of requests from programmes and related GSM action.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
- Good knowledge of pertinent WHO procedures and established rules.
- Good drafting skills
- Good team work skills,
- Ability to deal with people of diverse backgrounds, Ability to work under pressure.
Educations: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial/administrative training.
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences of related field is an asset
Experience: At least five years of relevant secretarial/ administrative experience.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system
Languages: Fluency of spoken and written English and local language.
• WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualified female candidate will be given preference.
Afghanistan - Bamian
Secondary School, Administrative
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHO – 2017-11-026) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of educational certificates and National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
|More jobs in this category|
|Admin Associate at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Nov 2017|
|متخصص اداری ثبت معلومات at ACD||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Public Administration Advisor to MoMP Ministe.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|Senior Administration Officer at IFRC||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Project Officer – English for Afghans Proje.. at British Council Afghan..||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|