Internal Audit Specialist(1382 Views)
IFAD support for NPP-2 aims to achieve national coverage over a three-phase implementation period consisting of 15 years. The present project constitutes the first phase of IFAD support. It will be implemented in three selected pilot provinces, namely Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar, with planned geographical expansion to additional provinces over the second and third phases. The selection of Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar provinces is aligned with MAIL's intention to commence with seven priority provinces for NPP-2 roll-out across the country. The present project will cover 589 CDCs consisting of 60,000 households (450,000 people) across six districts – NahriShahi and DihDadai in Balkh, Karukh and Zendhajan in Herat, and Darah e Noor and Khewa/Kuzkunar in Nangarhar.
Project geographical targeting is driven by security considerations, IFAD's strategic framework, and Government priority areas. The pilot provinces and districts are selected based on: (i) incidence of poverty: they have very high poverty ratios (Balkh 60%, Herat 39%, Nangarhar 33%) and massive unemployment/underemployment (Nangarhar 57%, Herat 53%, Balkh 49%); (ii) Government priority: they are priority areas for MAIL and MRRD, the two ministries launching the NPP-2; (iii) institutional networks: they have mature community organisations (CDCs), absorptive capacity for interventions, and functional decentralised MAIL-MRRD relations; (iv) economic and resource management opportunities: they have potential for rapid agriculture and livestock growth benefitting numerous poor rural people, and scope for improved natural resource management; (v) security and accessibility: they guarantee a relative level of security that allows regular and safe access; (vi) contiguity: pilot districts in each province are contiguous, which reduces administrative and logistical constraints and improves the prospects for efficiency; and, (vii) diversity: the provinces are agro-ecologically diverse and encompass a range of challenges.
The incumbent will review all financial, procurement, administration and programmatic documents of the IFAD funded projects for accuracy and adherence with IFAD and Afghanistan procurement procedures.
|Date Posted:||06 Nov 2017||Reference:||Internal Audit Specialist 0011/MAIL/SNaPP-2|
|Closing Date:||20 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Verifying that grant fund provided by the donors used in accordance with the relevant financing agreements and effectively used only for the purposes for which they were provided
• Checking that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable
• Verifying the financial transactions
• Ascertain the availability of supporting documents, records and accounts in respect of the program
• Ascertaining the extent of compliance with established policies, plans, and procedures of the GOA including those agreed under the credit/grant agreement
• Review of the control environment, system and procedures with suggestions on improvement
• Maintaining working liaison with various sections under audit exercise
• Managing the identification and evaluation risks affecting the operations of the project
• Managing the identification, development and documentation of audit issues and recommendations
• Ensure timely initiation, well planned execution and completion of audits as per standard time required, which includes:
1. Submission of draft reports within agreed time;
2. Quality & completeness of working papers;
3. Punctual submission of working activities report
• Preparing and managing the monthly, quarterly and annual Audit plans
• Quarterly stocktaking of the Project inventories
• Measuring and checking of Financial, Procurement, Logistics and program documents according to approved annual plan.
• Ensuring that all project assets both in main office and provinces are safeguarded and properly maintained
• Verifying and establishing a system for periodic verification of the Fixed Assets procured under the project;
• Appraising the quality of performance of those who are involved in implementing program activities
• Making discussions and deliberations with the senior colleagues for solving the technical Points/problems for better performance.
• Attending in all meetings of Internal Audit Section
• Carry out regular follow-ups with the departments to update implementation status of prior audit reports from time to time.
• Performs any other related work as assigned by the Project Director
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Extensive knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices
• Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
• Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices
• Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
• Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field, Master’s degree is preferred and having certifications in CAT/ACCA along with the Bachelor/Master will be an advantage
• At least 8 years of full-time experience in internal & external auditing of which 5 years should be working in the public sector; audit of the International funded projects or working in big four audit firms will be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter
• Subject line must be: (Internal Audit Specialist-0011/MAIL/SNaPP-2) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
By Email - (TOR)
Only CVs submitted online will be accepted. Hard copy of CVs will not be accepted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Officer at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Finance Assistant at Sayed Majidi Architecture and Design (SMAD)||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|(معتمد (تحویلدار at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Cashier at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Finance Manager at OXUS Consulting Group||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Accountant at Abdul Majeed Ali Uhaul Ltd||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|SENIOR ACCESS TO FINANCE ADVISOR at DAI||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Sr. Finance Assistant/Cash Custodian at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) N..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Manager Finance at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|