Accounting Reporting and reconciliation Officer(1173 Views)
-The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank for the Afghanistan Second Skills Development Project (ASDPII). The project aims to improve the quality and relevance in the formal TVET system in priority trades. The TVET sector is undergoing critical reforms to support these goals, and the project is seeking a Manager for Curriculum Development to support quality related reforms.
The objectives of the assignment are to (a) Assist financial management, accounting and disbursement functions; (b) help the ASDP to assist in developing all project documentation related to financial management, accounting and disbursement; and (c) prepare necessary reports and assist in preparation of payment and allotment. The Consultant will work under the supervision of the FM Specialist.
|Date Posted:||06 Nov 2017||Reference:||DMTVET/C-118|
|Closing Date:||19 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 7 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Recording and accounting for all the transactions of the project in the accounting system, according to principles established for World Bank funded projects in Afghanistan.
2. Maintain books of accounts in prescribed format mentioned in finance Manual
3. Reconcile direct payments made by World Bank on monthly basis and resolve all outstanding issues/transactions by the 20th day of following month
4. Prepare IUFR and prepare project closing financial report.
5. Monitor outstanding and un-acquitted advances taken for project expenditure and ensure timely acquittal of advances on regular basis with the Treasury, including petty cash impress.
6. Monitor cash advances given to schools/institutes and other eligible institutions under the project grants framework
7. Liaise directly with the SDU for issues having a bearing on the accounting of unidentified transactions appearing in the Bank Statements.
8. Assist in preparation of M16 and allotment and follow-up the same with Ministry of Finance.
9. Any other task assigned by FM specialist
1. Bachelor Degree in field of Finance, Economics, Accounting or similar,
2. Minimum 3 years of experience in financial management with International and national organizations.
3. Work Experience with World Bank funded project will be strongly preferred;
4. Familiarity of contractual and procurement issues.
5. Fluency in English, Dari or Pashto.
6. Excellent reporting, interpersonal and team working skills;
7. Computer skills - MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel necessary, experience/knowledge of any other accounting and database packages an asset;
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested Afghan candidates are requested to send their applications and cvs via e-mail.
- (Please make sure you put the title of the position and the reference number of the position at the title of Email, otherwise your application will not be considered.)
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for the position.
For in person submission of application refer to below address
Address: Deputy Ministry of Technical Vocational Education and Training, Dehbori, behind of Music School, Ministry of Education, Kabul, Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|آمر مالی و محاسبه at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sew..||Kabul||01 Feb 2018|
|PPP Finance Analyst at Directorate General Public Private Partnership (DG..||Kabul||08 Feb 2018|
|مدیر محاسبه مواد at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|مدیر محاسبه عواید at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|Finance officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|