Quality Control Manager (Construction)(1982 Views)
TATEKAN is an Afghan network of experts working with clients, communities, and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the Afghanistan’s most complex challenges. In TATEKAN we do design-build structures, delivering power, energy & clean water (water system, sewerage system & irrigation system) and restoring damaged water & sewerage systems. Connecting villages and rural economies with roads, bridges, and transit systems. Helping international clients executing construction projects for a military in Afghanistan.
This position is responsible for the implementation and management of the Contractor’s Quality Control program, including the coordination, performance, and execution of construction inspection and testing services for the project. The QC Manager is responsible for assuring that the quality of the work meets or exceeds the project’s contractual requirements and maintains the standard of excellence established by TATEKAN.
The position will also ensure that the electrical, mechanical team and subcontractors provide consistent, high-quality, cost-effective, and timely deliverables and products for the construction of a relevant project. Oversees, guides, and manages the work of sub-contractors, vendors, and suppliers in the field of mechanical, construction and electrical scope of work of TATEKAN.
|Date Posted:||07 Nov 2017||Reference:||TCC-05-17|
|Closing Date:||06 Dec 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Candidate must be professional and a personable leader committed to the overall objective and self-development within the company.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the QC Manager:
• Ensure all work meets or exceeds the contract specifications and standard of excellence of the Client & TATEKAN.
• Supervises inspections, reports and the documentation issued by inspectors and collect and file the required Quality Records.
• Supervises the Quality Control functions/activities of a project or its parts, including Quality Control inspection schedules and the collection of Quality Records.
• Supervises and manages preconstruction submittals and materials submittals for projects.
• Ensure all materials meet or exceed the contract specifications.
• Coordinate and schedule field testing and performance QA/QC inspections.
• Monitor daily construction activities and materials delivered to the site.
• Review all special inspections and material testing perform by third parties.
• Manage and document all inspection, approvals, RFI’s, Change Orders and testing in QC reports.
• Manages, expedites, and supports all document submittals, Prep. Meetings, Daily Reports and RFI’s to Client.
• Serves as an interface between the Engineering team, Electrical, mechanical & construction’s sub-contractors and clients, including the Construction, Operations, Environmental, Health & Safety, to facilitate interdepartmental relations.
• Assists with the development of new electrical, mechanical & construction engineering standards and maintains and improves existing standards and guidelines, implementing industry and company best practices.
• Acts as a subject matter expert regarding QC activities.
• Interacts closely with internal teams to ensure that project needs and objectives are met.
• Prepares QC-related scope documents, exhibits, budgets, specifications & schedules.
• Leads or participates in project meetings and conference calls with Client and partners.
• Produces quality engineering plans, studies, and specifications while ensuring compliance with department, project, company, utility, and industry requirements and standards.
• Participates in engineering, design, and construction review processes.
• Coordinates project construction with Project Manager and Operations Manager to resolve critical and time-sensitive construction-related electrical, mechanical and construction issues.
• Be responsible to supervise and manage all QC team/staff members/officers of TATEKAN.
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
• Minimum 5 Year experience as a Quality Control Manager on the construction project with USACE / International Agencies.
• The QCM should have the working knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures and practices.
• Candidate should have update CQM-C certificate from USACE.
• College or university degree in an engineering/construction related field.
• Must have the understanding of construction terms.
• Good knowledge of construction methods and procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel, Civil 3D & AutoCAD.
• Certification in Total Construction Quality Management for Contractors from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
• Knowledge in QCS will be an asset.
• Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
The candidate shall send their most recent CV, update CQM-C certificate, Awards, and recommendation letters.
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||04 Apr 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer (Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP ..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Baghlan||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern (Infrastructure) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Surveyor Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|