Senior Procurement Specialist(1273 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
The Sr. Procurement Specialist shall assist the TT WLD Director of Contracts, Grants and Procurement (DCG&P) by performing procurement work activities and supporting TT WLD management to maintain a transparent, effective and efficient procurement process for all material resources in support of WLD operations. This position is based in the Tetra Tech WLD Project Office in Kabul, Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||07 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD-090|
|Closing Date:||17 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Thoroughly familiarize self with the Tetra Tech Local Procurement Handbook detailed procurement systems and procedures for management of procurement of goods and services.
2. Work with the DCG&P and other TT Procurement Department personnel to complete the required and requested procurements for the TT WLD Program.
3. Ensure local procurements comply with Tetra Tech policies and procedures, FAR and all of the USAID, United States Government procurement rules and regulations.
4. Assist DCG&P to review Draft Purchase Order agreements and other compliance related documents as needed, ensuring that all documents are in compliance with Tetra Tech policies and procedures, and USAID rules and regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) requirements.
5. Assist DCG&P to manage, establish and maintain a clean, thorough filing system (electronic, paper, binder) for all procurement related documents. Ensure the management of all filing systems, binders, records, spreadsheets and documents are maintained audit ready at all times daily.
6. Coordinate and collaborate with all of the TT WLD departments as required to ensure the TT WLD procurement processes are incorporated and followed.
7. In collaboration with the Director of Contracts, Grants & Procurement (DCG&P) the Sr. Procurement Specialist will need to conduct periodic testing of the procurement processes from start to finish to ensure timeliness and cost effectiveness in line with all relevant policies, procedures, and regulations as noted above.
8. Work directly with local, regional or international vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurement's of requested commodities and services.
9. Support request for quotation (RFQ), and bid analysis processes in compliance with Tetra Tech policies and procedures, FAR and all of the USAID, United States Government procurement rules and regulations.
10. Facilitate communication and follow-up documentation with vendors during the bid phase to guarantee transparency. Document all communications to include but not limited to email communication and responses, telephone calls and in person meetings.
11. Note taking is essential for all communications, meetings and interactions with vendors, TT WLD departments and TT WLD management. Sr. Procurement Specialist shall ensure all files hard copy and electronic files are kept updated and that all notes are scanned.
12. Creating Memorandum of Record (MOR) is essential to document any verbal communications for pricing, vendor commitments and all issues relating to procurement actions. All MOR’s shall be signed and dated and filed electronically and hard copy to binder.
13. Assist and coordinate as assigned and or directed by the DCG&P with technical and operations staff in developing scopes of work and bid documents for procurement of goods and services.
14. Assist, and coordinate with the DCG&P on vendor and subcontractor negotiations regarding cost and terms of the purchase orders and service agreements. Process and facilitate vendor and subcontractor payments timely.
15. Create excel spreadsheets and MOR’s as required and requested by the DCG&P.
16. Ensure that all files hard and electronic files are up to date daily. Maintain the TT WLD Procurement Department activity spreadsheet daily.
17. Draft purchase orders, bid matrix, technical and cost review documents, modifications, Memorandum of Record, prepare and document procurement issues and receipt documents, Request For Quotation, Negotiation Memorandums and Award Memorandums and other compliance-related documents as required.
18. Coordinate and perform cost and technical reviews on received RFQ’s in coordination with the DCG&P.
19. Support effective and efficient receipt and assignment of goods for internal and external audiences and purposes. Ensure receiving process and payment is accurate by matching documents with the purchase request, purchase order, and invoice.
20. Understand the Goods Deliverable Receipt (GDR) process requirement and how it impacts the procurement process. Ensure a GDR is completed for every invoice payment.
21. Complete timely monthly future cost projections on upcoming procurements and payments to ensure funding availability by the TT WLD Finance Department.
22. Review and prepare routine trackers, excel spreadsheets and special reports on procurement activities for submission to the TT WLD Management as requested.
23. Ensure all Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) procurement related tax regulations for procured goods and services are followed as identified on the TT WLD Purchase Orders for payments.
24. Ensure all TT WLD property purchased on procurements are tagged in accordance with USAID regulations as required. Notify the TT WLD Logistic Specialist of any property tagging requirements. Receive documents for filing.
25. Ensure all TT WLD procurement department property issued items are maintained. Assist with annual inventory reconciliation in coordination with the Logistics department yearly.
26. Review, verify, prepare and maintain the monthly inventory management reporting and Property Purchase Report and Purchase Order tracker. Assist and coordinate the submission of the (PPRPO) tracker to TT HO monthly.
27. Sr. Procurement Specialist is required to maintain and ensure that the electronic files are up to date in the share drive and hard binder folders. All documents shall be scanned and kept up to date.
28. Provide ongoing training to technical and operations staff and local partners in application of procurement policies and procedures. Facilitate communication between technical and operations staff as requested by DCG&P.
29. Print, copy, scan, file and box all procurement files as required and directed by the DCG&P.
30. Attention to detail is required. All procurement documents should be accurate.
31. Detail reviewing of all of the vendors submitted documents.
32. A thorough understanding of Microsoft Office program is required. Extensive work in MS Excel and MS Word is required daily. Expanded understanding of Excel but not limited in relation to cell calculations, preparation, logical ties, cell formulas, print ready, headers, footers, sizing and orientation.
33. Ability to create and review Bill of Quantities (BOQ).
34. Prepare activity reports for submission to the DCG&P when required and as requested.
35. Prepare a procurement database and enter all relevant data in subcontract database, in a complete, accurate, and timely manner. Extract required reports from database as required and requested.
36. Excellent English grammar skills are required.
37. Maintaining by reading, communicating and filing of the company email account emails is required.
38. Professional email communications is required at all times.
39. Excellent math skills is required calculate but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, percentages, metric system dimensions, weight, liquids, area, measurements and averaging.
40. Experience and understanding of construction related project work in commercial, industrial and residential environment is desired. Craftsman, supervisory and or management level of construction expertise related to procurement is desirable.
41. Ability to read and translate accurately Dari and Pashto to English is desirable.
42. Be willing to work in an identified location and cooperate with all the required procedures of the TT WLD office facility and property security for entering and exiting work daily.
43. Be willing to submit to a Biometric Automated Toolset System (BATS) screening for employment and entry to the TT WLD office work area. Provide all required documentation as requested in a timely efficient manner.
44. Required to support any additional tasks and responsibilities as requested by the DCG&P.
The current job description will be periodically revisited as required to reflect current realities and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Experience working in procurement and or a similar position subcontracts, grants for an USG, NGO or an international organization is preferred.
• Experience with USAID and United States Government (USG) project implementation, regulations and procedures.
• Experience and understanding of the FAR, USAID and USG procurement rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated experience with all facets of procurement process in compliance with development organizational policies and procedures relating to procurement, grants and or subcontracts.
• Experience and understanding of the different variety procurement actions to implement USAID work. IE… Purchase Orders but not limited to Blanket Purchase Orders, Ceiling Amount Purchase Orders, Firm Fix Price Purchase Orders, Indefinite Deliverable Indefinite Quantity Purchase Orders, Service and Purchase Orders.
• Experience in developing Statement of Work (SOW) and estimates is highly desirable.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
• Must have the ability to work independently, effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
• Must be flexible and willing to perform other duties as requested by DCG&P.
• Must be flexible and willing to work irregular hours. You may be required to work holidays, weekends and longer than 8 hours.
• Shall be Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS) software, shall be proficient in using Excel, Word, Power Point, SharePoint, and Outlook.
• Shall be able to create detailed and extensive MS excel spreadsheets from scratch as required and requested by the DCG&P.
• Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, English.
• Honest, dependable, punctual and willingness to work in a team environment.
• Understand accountability and shall be willing to be held accountable for all actions.
• Attention to detail is required.
• Provide valid references for past performance.
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in procurement management, business administration, engineering, construction or similar field preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of procurement experience in an equivalent position.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, General
Subject line must be:(Senior Procurement Specialist-WLD 090)
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications
and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|Acquisition and Assistance Specialist FSN-11 .. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||05 Aug 2018|
|Procurement Specialist at Tetra Tech||Kandahar||26 Jul 2018|
|Procurement Assistant at DACAAR||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|