Senior VCA Officer(1075 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
In 2010, the Government of the Islamic Republic Afghanistan (GIRoA) invited the international community to form the Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (MEC), to provide anti-corruption policy advice, and monitor and evaluate progress against specific anti-corruption benchmarks. The MEC was established jointly by the GIRoA and the international community, following the London and Kabul Conferences in January and July 2010, respectively, and by Presidential Decree 61, 2010.
The MEC is an independent agency, and is not subject to direction from either the Afghan government or from the international community. Following the London Conference, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan invited the international community to form a joint Afghan-International monitoring and evaluation committee. On September 18, 2016, the Afghan president issued Presidential Decree No. 115. This changed the legal status, duties, scope of activities and authorities of the Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee which abrogates all previous Presidential Decrees. The MEC focuses on:
• Developing anti-corruption recommendations;
• Monitoring and evaluating the anti-corruption efforts of the Afghan government and the international community; and
• Reporting on a regular basis to the President, Parliament, and people of Afghanistan, as well as to the international community about the state of the fight against corruption.
The primary responsibility of the Senior VCA Officer will be to support the VCA Team Lead in conducting vulnerability to corruption assessments by conducting desk studies to map business processes in chosen sectors or institutions and collecting qualitative data through interviews and focus groups.
The secondary responsibility of the VCA Officer is to provide research support to the various teams of the Monitoring and Evaluation Committee Secretariat, including the collection of primary evidence through site visits as required.
He/she supports the Research Unit by conducting primary and secondary research through desk studies and collecting qualitative data through interviews and focus groups and coordinates research tasks with the team, the Legal Advisor, the Senior Policy Advisor and the Executive Director.
Shift : Full time (Saturday-Wednesday, 8:00AM to 4:30 PM)
Experience: At least three years of experience in relevant field
|Date Posted:||08 Nov 2017||Reference:||MEC1182017|
|Closing Date:||17 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct legal researches and analysis on various matters related to VCA.
• Provide legal advice on different issues related to VCA.
• Identify gaps in legal structures of institutions operating in Afghanistan and come up with SMART recommendations.
• Review procurement contracts and identify legal gaps in contracts concluded by government and non-governmental organizations.
• Review Human Resource contracts.
• Provide legal trainings to the staff of VCA United based on the needs of the team.
• Support the VCA Team Lead conducting vulnerability to corruption assessments as directed. Support will specifically include legal and regulatory research to identify formal frameworks for the business processes.
• Conduct professional interviews and focus group discussions, including qualitative and quantitative data collection.
• Analyze the data
• Support MEC Secretariat Units by reviewing and analyzing documents and evidentiary sources for policy issues under consideration.
• Conducting web based and documentary research on issues determined by VCA team.
• Develop research tools such as questionnaires, interviews and focus group discussions.
• Ensure the quality of interview transcripts and field notes to meet the research goals.
• Review research methodologies in identified reports to assess their appropriateness, effectiveness, and validity of findings.
• Draft Vulnerability to Corruption Assessments.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Excellent presentation and report writing skill.
• Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, and internet applications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate.
• Experience of similar donor funded projects is preferred.
• Bachelor of Law
• At least three years of experience in inquire/assessment oriented role in the government of Afghanistan.
• Sound knowledge of public service processes and contract analysis.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way: "LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name.doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this time. The single PDF or Word file should be emailed to below email address with the subject line "Senior VCA Officer” by Oct 30, 2017.
|More jobs in this category|
|General Manager at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Programme Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Clerk (SB2/3) at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||02 Aug 2018|
|Global Medical Service Management at Afghan Global Insurance||Kabul||01 Aug 2018|
|Executive director: Eshteghal-Zaiee – Karmo.. at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|SR. Procurement Specialist : Eshteghal-Zaiee.. at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Marketing Officer at Rabia Nawawaran||Kabul||25 Jul 2018|
|Economic Analyst to MoMP/ Cadastre Directorat.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Contract Management Expert to MoMP/ Cadastre .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Head of Technical & Coordination Unit at DACAAR||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|