Road Design Engineer(1246 Views)
About Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and Capacity Building Implementation Project (RCBIP)
Governmental officeThe Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is responsible for the planning, monitoring, maintenance and development of the various transport infrastructure projects such as Roads, Bridges, Culverts, Railway and Airport in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Therefore to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MPW the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from development Budget for the Ministry of Public works.
Assist the Senior Road design engineer with reviewing the existing practice of local contractors and conventional methodology of road construction; make recommendations that will increase safety (taking budget constraints into account) in the construction of roads undertaken by MPW.
|Date Posted:||08 Nov 2017||Reference:||MPW/RCBIP/96 – 037|
|Closing Date:||21 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist the Head of Technical Section with the output of Road Design Unit.
2. Excellent ability in rigid and flexible pavements design (AASHTO method)
3. Excellent ability in geometric design with respect to required plan, profile, sections, plotting, spirals, corridors etc.
4. Review technical specifications to ensure adherence to AASHTO and MoPW standards
5. Make sure that all designs are completed to the highest standards, based on initial survey data provided to the Road Design Unit by the Surveyors, Regional Engineers, and environmental and social inclusion (ESMF) Specialists.
6. Arrange weekly meeting with Technical Unit to make updates on progress reports and confirm that all works completing according to project requirements.
7. Assist the team in preparation of BoQs and technical documentation in accordance with World Bank standards.
8. Provide advice and coordination of the construction of the roads in conjunction with the Contract Management Section and the Contractor.
9. Assist the Contract Management Section and QA/QC and Regional Engineers with monitoring the work of the contractor.
10. Assist the Senior Road design engineer with reviewing the existing practice of local contractors and conventional methodology of road construction; make recommendations that will increase safety (taking budget constraints into account) in the construction of roads undertaken by MPW.
11. Review QA/QC site visit and materials testing reports to ensure sampling, testing and inspection of materials are carried out regularly and works are implemented in compliance with design specifications.
12. Coordinate with the Contract Management Section and the Procurement Management Section on all contractual matters in the completion of the respective Contracts.
13. Coordinate on design changes that are processed by the Contract Management Section.
14. Building the capacity of MPW Counterpart Engineers in road design and construction techniques including good practices and troubleshooting methods.
15. Provide technical advice and assistance to contractors to ensure that economical and quality materials are purchased.
16. Assist with the provision of social-economic analysis of the respective road designs. This entails using Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) modelling processes, such as cost per person that the road will benefit.
17. Monitor the implementation of the works by conducting site visits and provide guidance for improvement and good results.
18. Perform any other duty in line with these ToR’s as directed by the Head of Technical Section.
19. Preform as a MPW civil servant counterparts and demonstrate an increase in technical expertise and skill.
20. Any other official responsibility assigned by Supervisor(s).
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Highly proficient in design software such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley MX Road D and other structural design software.
• Good computer skills in operating MS Windows and MS Office programs.
• Demonstrated ability to training and build capacity of counterparts.
• Proven organisational, negotiation and problem solving skills.
• Be able and willing to travel to all provinces within Afghanistan, including insecure and volatile areas.
• Must able to deliver at least 10km/month road design with complete documentation
• Must able to review 50Km/month outsource survey and design
• Must able to do at least 10km/month the road related drafting of the road design drawings.
• Proficiency in English, Dari and Pashto (Reading, Writing and Speaking)
• Self-discipline, integrity and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with high levels staff and functions within the organization.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties.
• According NTA, Five years’ experience Bachelor’s degree in relevant field Civil engineering, Road construction.
• Proven background in similar positions.
• Must have some technical knowledge.
• Motivation/Self Reliance
• Team Work Ability
• Verified copy of University degrees
• Copy of Afghan ID (Tazkera)
• Copy of last posting contract’s
• Bachelor’s Degree In Relevant Field Civil Engineering, Road Construction Only
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Construction
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV, to (mentioned E-mail) and copy to (mentioned E-mail) kindly indicate the vacancy number (MPW/ RCBIP/96-037) and the post title (Road Design Engineer) in the subject line when applying by email. To the Human Resource Unit - Reform and Capacity Building Implementation Directorate of Ministry of Public Works first Macroryan Kabul Afghanistan.
"Only short-listed candidates will be notified"
"Women are highly encouraged to apply"
email@example.com --CC-- firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||04 Apr 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer (Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP ..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Baghlan||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern (Infrastructure) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Surveyor Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|