Legislative Drafting Trainer(971 Views)
About Afghan Journalists Safety Committee (AJSC) is an independent, nonprofit organization that supports press freedom in Afghanistan. We work towards the advancement of journalist safety and rights so that they can report in a safe and fearless environment.
Afghan Journalists Safety Committee (AJSC) is an independent, nonprofit organization that supports press freedom in Afghanistan. We work towards the advancement of journalist safety and rights so that they can report in a safe and fearless environment. AJSC is based in Kabul and maintains a presence in every province of Afghanistan.
AJSC was formed based on the recommendation of Kabul Conference on Freedom of Expression, which was organized in March 2009 by International Media Support (IMS).
AJSC has a board of advisors composed of well-known media workers and civil society activists. AJSC’s executive section has official representatives in eight regions of the country and an unofficial focal point in the remaining 26 provinces. This has enabled AJSC to establish representation throughout the country and provide media workers with necessary help when needed.
This job requires the responsible individual to train the Afghan lawyers and civil society activists on legislation drafting for a period of 7 days. The Training will contain drafting laws, comparative law making and researching various aspects of laws for trainees to attain the necessary skills for analyzing and reforming existing media-related legislature.
|Date Posted:||08 Nov 2017||Reference:||124|
|Closing Date:||18 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Unknown/Other|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||International||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Special Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate the knowledge and skills of committee members who will receive the training, and make sure that
the training approach is in accurate manner.
- Develop training materials for training
- Provide training on legislative drafting, comparative law making, researching laws, for members
- Evaluate the training by evaluating the skills and knowledge gained through training by members.
- Conduct regular assessment on the progress of the trainees.
- Identify trainees’ strengths and individual interests.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post.
- Master’s Degree in law
- Five years of relevant experience in legislative drafting and comparative law
- Familiarity with Afghan laws
- Familiarity with the laws of the regional countries
- Familiarity of comparative legislation
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Law
- Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email
- Please include names and contacts for three references
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Legal and Policy Advisor at SGRP/MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Technical Consultant For Legislation Departme.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|