Gender Officer(383 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Working under the overall direction of the Gender Director, the Gender Officer will assist the Gender
Director in the design and oversight of the implementation of women’s inclusion and empowerment
activities and gender mainstreaming activities throughout the WLD Project.
|Date Posted:||09 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD-091|
|Closing Date:||19 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in producing manuals and other materials describing the mechanisms for gender
mainstreaming, and quality control methodologies for the empowerment component of WLD’s
• Prepare training materials for Gender Mainstreaming trainings for WLD and implementing partners’
• Conduct Gender Mainstreaming sessions for WLD and implementing staff members.
• Assist the Gender Director with the review of Jawana and Royesh curricula through a gender
perspective in consultation with the Technical Working Group (TWG).
• Manage and update the women leaders and role models database;
• Manage field visits and guest speaker’s plans with implementing partners.
• Review and assist the implementation of annual plans of WLD’s provincial focal points.
• Arrange quarterly meetings of TWG.
• Manage the TWG Facebook page, and reporting flow.
• Manage two-way communications between women leaders and Jawana participants, enabling the
perspectives and priorities of all women to be represented in national priority programs.
o Influential women leaders to connect them with WLD’s Jawana participants.
o Guest speakers for Jawana classes.
o Field visits organizations for WLD’s Jawana participants.
Connect WLD’s Jawana participants with WLD’s Royesh participants.
• In collaboration with the M&E Team and Training Team, assist the Gender Director to report on
gender outcomes and impact and will facilitate monitoring and reporting on gender-related objectives.
• Visit Jawana and Royesh classes periodically to check the quality of the empowerment and gender
mainstreaming lessons in the classes
• Conduct periodic meetings of WLD’s Gender team and its work plan
• Follow up on the suitability of Jawana participant’s projects
• Track weaknesses of the participant’s /beneficiaries projects and recommend a way for improvement
• Report on the project’s gender impact on a weekly and a quarterly basis.
The current job description may be periodically revisited as needed to reflect changing realities,
limitations and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect. This post will be based in the
WLD Kabul office with occasional travel to provincial offices required from time to time.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Strong belief in women’s empowerment professionally and personally
• Ability to visualize the WLD program as a whole as well as its separate, specific parts, knowing
what each partner is responsible for contributing to the program’s overall success and facilitating
• Ability to work with women’s empowerment initiatives and have a strong knowledge of Gender
• Demonstrated experience working in a capacity building position with an NGO, training provider
institution, university, or international organizations;
• Experience with USG project implementation and USG rules and regulations, especially USAID.
• Strong report writing and professional communication skills
• Similar working experience;
• Experience in women’s rights, empowerment, and gender integration programs in Afghanistan.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely
discrete with sensitive information. Must also be able to foster supportive working relationships
among all staff.
• Proficient Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and
• Language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, and English.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must
be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
Women’s are highly encouraged to apply
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in public administration, gender, or related field
(relevant experience and/or another university degree may substitute for degrees mentioned).
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position. Experience working in a similar position
for an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, General
Subject line must be:(Gender Officer-WLD 091)
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|National Gender Officer at DABS||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Assistant Director of Admissions (Re-advertis.. at American University of..||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Senior National Water Resources Specialist, at Ministery of Energy and Wa..||Kabul||05 Dec 2017|
|Evaluation specialist Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Human Resource Workforce Planning Senior Advi.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|ICU Project Coordinator at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Introduction to graduates studies (IGS) Co-Te.. at American University of..||Kabul||07 Dec 2017|
|MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (ELECTRICIAN) at DAI||Kabul||19 Nov 2017|
|External Communications Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Officer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Plumber at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|M&E Assistant at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Course Facilitator at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kandahar||22 Nov 2017|
|Marketing/Placement Officer at ATVI||Kabul||18 Nov 2017|
|Social Safeguard Specialist at Directorate General Public Private Partner..||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|