Royesh Program Assistant(8378 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
The Royesh Program Assistant will be responsible for carrying out the day to day project activities including but not limited to all administrative and program related functions connected with the
implementation of the WLD Royesh Program. This position is based in the WLD Project Office in Kabul, Afghanistan. It may require field travel to Herat, Mazar-i-Sharif, Jalalabad, and Kandahar.
|Date Posted:||09 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD-092|
|Closing Date:||20 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Liaise with Royesh Course Facilitators and collect project documents in all provinces as required.
2. Follow up on Coordinating Facilitators’ Activity Plans and ensure they are up to date and all requirements are met.
3. Provide logistical support to all Royesh Schools - particularly Kabul-based Royesh Schools - and
equip them with stationary items, material and supplies, as required.
4. Raise purchase requisitions in accordance with the Royesh Implementation Plan for materials
required in the provinces and WLD office in Kabul.
5. Extend administrative support for the management of events at Royesh Schools such as Guest
Speakers Sessions, Validation Workshops, Family afternoons and Royesh graduation ceremonies etc.
6. Assist with coordinating activities between WLD Focal Points and Team Leaders to receive
attendance sheets on a timely basis and submit them to the WLD Finance Department for the processing of salaries.
7. Collect weekly reports and meeting minutes from Course Facilitators and provincial Team Leaders.
8. Work with the M&E Team on providing updated information as requested.
9. Ensure that there is coordination with the WLD Training Team during preparation of trainings.
10. Follow up on purchase requisitions with Contract, Grants and Procurement Department.
11. Update the Course Facilitators Database as well as monitor progress on lesson plans, according to
the 57 week Royesh Plans provided to Course Facilitators.
12. Keep track of attendance and leave records for Royesh Course Facilitators and Course Leaders;
also inform WLD HR of HR-related Issues.
13. Perform other reasonable activities as assigned by WLD management.
The current job description may be periodically revisited as needed to reflect changing realities, limitations and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect. This post will be based in Kabul office with occasional travel to provincial offices.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Demonstrated experience in assisting with training design, implementation, and evaluation.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the company.
• Requires an ability to work independently and as part of a team and accept responsibility.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, and English.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in related field.
• Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Education
Subject line must be:(Royesh Program Assistant-WLD 092)
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|English Language Teacher at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|International Technical Assistance to General.. at Ministry of Education ..||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|English Language Instructor at Yasna Development and Support Organization||Balkh||26 Jan 2018|
|Teacher of English at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||10 Feb 2018|
|Course Leader at BCI||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Program Coordinator at BCI||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Course Facilitators_ Trainer at BCI||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Senior Strategic Planning & Research Manager at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Lecturers for Civil Engineering at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Lecturers/Professors for Journalism at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Lecturers/Professors for Computer Science at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Lecturers/Professors for Graduate Studies at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Lecturer/Assistant Professor for Internationa.. at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Acquisition and Assistance Assistant (Multip.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|Senior Trainer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|English Teacher at Elham Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|