INDUSTRIAL SECTOR INTERNSHIP AND APPRENTICESHIP COORDINATOR(335 Views)
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
Promote: Women in the Economy has one Industrial Park Sector Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinator position open which will be based in Kabul and serve Kabul province.
The position requires site visits to women’s training facilities, campuses, and institutes and female work sites. WIE is only accepting female applicants for this position. Please note that USAID does not support travel costs for Maharam accompanying female project employees. Project staff is expected to be able to travel as required for the program.
One of the activities of the Promote: Women in the Economy (WIE) project are to help Afghan women increase their participation in the economy. Through a series of activities that includes training, work experience, and job placement, WIE helps Afghan women to get a new or better job. WIE’s internship and apprenticeship programs are designed to help women get work experience so that they are better able to compete for job openings.
This Provincial Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinator (IAC) will work in Kabul province and will focus on the Industrial Park Employers. The PIAC will report to a Regional Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinator (RIAC) based in WIE Central Regional Office.
The PIAC will be responsible for networking to establish relationships with employers and relevant stakeholders, and for identifying opportunities for work experience placements. The PIAC will also be responsible for implementation of WIE internship and apprenticeship programs, and collecting and processing documentation for internships and apprenticeships. The PIAC will also coordinate with the Training Coordinator based in her Regional Office to schedule and organize job readiness and other trainings for WIE interns and apprentices. She should have the ability to identify skills in high demand by employers for specific positions in the industrial park and report these back to the to workforce development team.
|Date Posted:||09 Nov 2017||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||16 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In close coordination and with input from the Regional Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinator (RIAC), carry out provincial level internship and apprenticeship program activities.
2. Follow internship and apprenticeship program activity procedures, including collecting applications/information from female applicants, entering data into WIE databases, collecting and processing intern and apprentice timesheets, and collecting feedback and information from employers.
3. Conduct outreach to, identification and selection of industrial park companies interested to host interns and apprentices in the province. Collect information on internship, apprenticeship and job openings from employers in the Central Region and upload into WIE’s job matching database.
4. Conduct outreach to employers for recruitment and placement of interns and apprentices, undertake vetting of companies as needed. Meet with Industrial Park Unions and vet each company for apprenticeship placement. Ensure interns and apprentices are properly screened based on qualifications and market demand and enrolled in Job Readiness Training.
5. Ensure interns and apprentices are appropriately matched to positions requested by employers. Contribute to career days, networking & other job information events in coordination with the RIAC.
6. Ensure proper filing systems and updated documentation is maintained both in hard and soft copy, and ensure all the documents and processes is followed as per WIE standard operating procedures.
7. Coordinate closely with Regional Workforce Development Case Officers to assist women who are completing internships and apprenticeships to secure job placements with employers.
8. Coordinate closely with M&E specialist in the region to monitor internship and apprenticeship programs and follow up on issues in a timely manner
• Applicants should have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and have previous experience working in a private sector business.
• Bachelor’s degree with 4 years’ experience or overall 7 years’ experience in implementing professional development, training, or outreach programs with private sector businesses.
• Familiarity with industrial park employers is a bonus.
• Being able to work independently and travel to and from industrial park locations, many of which are far from the center of Kabul.
• Familiarity with internship, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training programs is a plus.
• Must be very organized and capable of carrying out administrative tasks including data entry.
• Strong communication skills, ability to engage with female participants effectively.
• Previous experience with international organizations or donor-funded programs, preferred.
• Able to work under pressure and can handle multiple tasks & priorities.
• Fluency (written and spoken) in Dari or Pashto, and English.
• Must be able to travel throughout the province(s) in your region of work.
• The position reports to the Regional Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinator.
The Position is open only for female applicants
University Degree - Business Administration
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include Industrial Sector Internship & Apprenticeship Coordinator - Kabul in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
|Policy Advisor to MoMP/Policy and Programs De.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|Gender Officer at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Project Officer at Zardozi||Nangarhar||20 Nov 2017|