IT Assistant(8489 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Working under the direction of the IT Manager and DCOP-Administration and Finance, the IT Assistant will support the IT Department in the timely resolution of reported issues and maintain a functional IT network.
|Date Posted:||09 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD-093|
|Closing Date:||20 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support to project staff on general IT issues, including the performance of maintenance and minor repairs on IT equipment
• Install Windows OS, AV, and Office applications, undertake User Accounts management and File server maintenance.
• Ensure network connectivity of end users and troubleshooting of any network device issues
• Set up MS Outlook and assist project staff on the use of various MS Office applications
• Maintain and monitor backup jobs, log IT equipment issued to users
• Log any Internet related issues
• Assist to establish and maintain internal IT systems and ensure their proper and effective use.
• Coordinate identification and allocation of IT and telecommunications equipment, hardware, and software in accordance with project staff roles and responsibilities.
• Coordinate computer equipment maintenance and software installation with support of available external advisory services.
• Under the direction of IT Manager, provide IT and telecommunications support to project staff for various activities including (but not limited to): preparing and using presentation technologies; establishing, maintaining, and monitoring of electronic filing systems; and establishing appropriate file sharing.
• Maintain inventory of IT and telecommunications equipment in coordination with the Procurement Department.
• Assist in procurement of computer and network security software and hardware.
• Contribute to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested by Admin Head.
The current job description may be periodically revisited as needed to reflect changing realities, limitations and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Completed A+, Network+ and MS Windows (Client & Server OS) administration courses
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization in a high level capacity.
• Ability to take direction and also be comfortable working both independently and within a team setting Language proficiency in (Dari or Pashto, and English) languages.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours as needed.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information. Must also be able to foster supportive working relationships among all staff.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
Women’s are highly encouraged to apply
• Minimum of 4 years of related experience in IT section.
• Bachelor degree in (Information Technology or Computer Science) or in related field.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Subject line must be:(IT Assistant-WLD 093)
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Senior Procurement Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|کارمند دیتابیس منابع بشر.. at DABS||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|PBX تکنیشن at DABS||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Senior System Administrator at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|