Knowledge Management Platform (KMP) Assistant(8199 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Working under the direction of the IT Manager, KM Specialist, and DCOP-Technical, the KMP Assistant will support the IT Department in managing the Knowledge Management Platform (KMP) and USAID Promote Official Website.
|Date Posted:||09 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD-094|
|Closing Date:||20 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage the Content Management System (CMS) of the USAID Promote Website and support any party needing assistance in CMS usage.
2. Regularly check the USAID Promote Website content to ensure that proper and accurate information is published on the website, in coordination with WLD Communication Team
3. Ensure that the KMP is running smoothly by regularly running tests on various components
4. Assist in testing various KMP sections and components to ensure proper functionality, per defined scope of work
5. Assist in reviewing the KMP and provide ideas to enhance the user experience
6. Regularly check KMP content posted by users and report any inappropriate content to supervisor
7. Communicate any outstanding issues relating KMP/Website with developers
8. Keep proper logs of any requested modifications/changes and ensure proper implementation of the requests
9. Assist in Data Entry of various documents in KMP and check entered data for accuracy before final submission
10. Any other reasonable tasks assigned by the supervisor
The current job description may be periodically revisited as needed to reflect changing realities, limitations and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Knowledge of web development and CMS
• Ability to take direction and also comfortable working both independently and within a team setting
• Language proficiency in (Dari or Pashto, and English) languages.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours as needed.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information. Must also be able to foster supportive working relationships among all staff.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
• (Bachelor); and/or completed a bachelor’s study program in a related field;
• 4 years experience in related field, preferably in web development
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Subject line must be:Knowledge Management Platform (KMP) Assistant - WLD 094
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|IT Assistant at CARD-F||Kabul||06 Feb 2018|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Senior Procurement Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|PBX تکنیشن at DABS||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|