Gender Officer(6577 Views)
About Internews – Afghanistan
InternewsÂ® Network is an international media development organization based in Arcata, CA and Washington, DC whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect, and the means to make their voices heard.
Internews has worked in Afghanistan Since 2002 to further development of independent media and access to the information.
The Gender Officer will support Internews to ensure effective gender mainstreaming in the ACEP program including the ongoing development and implementation of gender mainstreaming mechanisms and corresponding strategy, and capacity building of the ACEP team to support gender. Mainstreaming efforts. The Gender Program Officer will ensure that gender issues are taken into consideration throughout the ACEP project cycle.
|Date Posted:||09 Nov 2017||Reference:||IN - 259|
|Closing Date:||22 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Familiarize herself with the program staff, programmatic needs and the current level of understanding and commitment to gender mainstreaming as well as the related strategies and policies
• Develop, implement and monitor gender mainstreaming policies and procedures under ACEP
• Review all relevant manuals and trainings for all Internews programs and ACEP in particular, from a gender perspective
• Make recommendations for improvements in all trainings, manuals, and other programmatic documents from a gender perspective
• Conduct relevant capacity building activities to increase the gender knowledge and awareness of Internews staff, as well as increase their skills in this regard
• Assist and mentor capacity development of all Internews staff in relation to the incorporation of gender into their daily and on-going work practices
• Advice ACEP project members and partners on developing a mid and long-term comprehensive gender strategy
• Provide guidance to Internews staff to ensure greater inclusion of women in program activities, including workshops, conferences, and media programs
• Conduct site visits when requested to ensure inclusion of gender in program activities at the local level and to provide partners with advice and guidance as necessary
• Advice on mainstreaming gender concerns within Internews policies and programmes, including external relations and outreach
• Contribute to Internews regular reporting, and assist the M&E Manager in tracking and reporting on gender targets and performance
• Perform of any other tasks as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years experience managing civil society and gender programs, with specialization in the field of gender.
• University degree
• Senior management, team buildingand negotiating experience
• Demonstrated gender awareness skills
• Fluent in Dari and English (and preferably Pashto)
• Accurate computer literacy and internet skills
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Programme
Interested candidates meeting the qualifications should forward a cover letter and resume to the following email
Please make sure to put the vacancy # in the subject line in the subject line.
Please name your attached documents in the following format: “LastName_cv” and “LastName_cover”.
|More jobs in this category|
|Policy Advisor to MoMP/Policy and Programs De.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|Project Officer at Zardozi||Nangarhar||20 Nov 2017|