Training Assistant(8278 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Working under the direction of the Training Department Head and work in close coordination with DCOP- Technical, as needed, The Training Assistant will support the WLD Training Department in general activities such as event planning, applications review, and filing. The Assistant will also assist in implementation of the Jawana and Royesh Curricula, technical reviews, and other activities as required by the team.
|Date Posted:||09 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD-096|
|Closing Date:||20 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Jawana Students’ Selection Process
• Assist in the collection and documentation of new applications for the Jawana course;
• Distribute new applications among the Selection Committee members;
• Assist in collection of the reviewed applications;
• Inform the selected students to attend in their specific classes;
• Keep track of all Jawana Students’ attendance by collecting the weekly attendances sheets from AWEC Course Facilitators;
• Organize the filing system for each student including student applications, pre-tests, post-tests, copies of ID-Cards;
• Distribute any WLD formal messages to Jawana Students;
• Communicate any administrative or logistic problems received from students to the WLD training team;
• Call Jawana students were there are changes to Jawana classes (e.g. class timing and/or location);
• Distribute Jawana ID-Cards in collaboration with the WLD Communication Team and request re- issuing the ID-Card for those who have lost theirs;
• Share the updated list of the classes with any related authority;
Technical & Administrative Assistance
• Type memos and correspondence;
• Schedule appointments and meetings, take minutes of meetings held by the Training Team;
• Photocopy and scan documents;
• Copy and distribute material;
• File reports and information;
• Collect the necessary information to be used for success stories;
• Contribute to the team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested.
The current job description will be periodically revisited as needed to reflect current realities and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization in a high level capacity.
• Ability to take direction and also be comfortable working both independently and within a team setting;
• Language proficiency in (Dari or Pashto, and English) languages.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours as needed.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with
• Must also be able to foster supportive working relationships among all staff.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
Women’s are highly encouraged to apply
• Bachelor degree program; and/or completed a bachelor’s study program in a related field;
• Minimum of 4 years of related experience in related field, Administration or Program for development at a senior level.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Education
Subject line must be: Training Assistant - WLD 096
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|PIANO INSTRUCTOR at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||17 Feb 2018|
|English Language Instructor at Yasna Development and Support Organization||Balkh||26 Jan 2018|
|Teacher of English at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||10 Feb 2018|
|Course Leader at BCI||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Program Coordinator at BCI||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Course Facilitators_ Trainer at BCI||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Senior Strategic Planning & Research Manager at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Lecturers for Civil Engineering at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Lecturers/Professors for Journalism at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Lecturers/Professors for Computer Science at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Lecturers/Professors for Graduate Studies at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Lecturer/Assistant Professor for Internationa.. at Kardan University||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Senior Trainer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|English Teacher at Elahm-e-Navin Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|