Evaluation and Gender Specialist (Re-announced)(908 Views)
About Afghanistan SUPPORT-II Project
SUPPORT directly assists USAID/Afghanistanâ€™s Program and Projects Development Office (PPDO) with information management services and provides the PPDO and USAID/Afghanistan with a number of key services, including information management and reporting products and performance monitoring plans and related activities. SUPPORT is seeking well qualified Afghan candidates for a newly established field monitoring unit which will provide periodic reviews of specific activities on behalf of USAID/Afghanistan.
The Evaluation/Gender Specialist’s role is to ensure that all SUPPORT-II work addresses women’s differential in access to resources. In this capacity, the Evaluation/Gender Specialist must develop productive working relationships with USAID Technical Offices, project Implementing Partners, short-term consultants, and SUPPORT-II staff to support consulting assignments, third party monitoring and workshops hosted at SUPPORT-II.
SUPPORT-II is actively seeking to increase the number of females on it professional staff. The Evaluation/Gender Specialist will actively participate in creating a female friendly environment and will serve as coach and mentor to other females working with the project. SUPPORT-II has a resident international Gender Specialist.
|Date Posted:||11 Nov 2017||Reference:||023|
|Closing Date:||16 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Engage with every consulting team to discuss gender inequities specific to each assignment to guide consultants toward female stakeholders that may be less visible than males; help interpret cultural anomalies; and ensure gender issues are addressed within reports.
• Maintain awareness of women’s organizations, policy, politics, events, and trends relative to women in Afghanistan.
• Participate in providing input for revision of the Mission’s PMP and improving and support implementation of the USAID Mission’s monitoring and evaluation procedures.
• Work with USAID Implementing Partners to provide gender sensitive guidance on data specifications, capturing and reporting data that accurately reflects PMP indicators.
• Participate in design and implementation of field-based monitoring activities to ensure women’s participation, which may include supervising enumerators and contributing to designing survey instruments.
• Assist in training, strengthening and coaching USAID project M&E units.
• Participate in Data Quality Assessments (DQA) for USAID implementing partners.
• Assist evaluation teams in creating surveys, questionnaires and other data collection tools.
• Provide on-going support to USAID Implementing Partner M&E units as needed.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• University degree;
• Minimum five years professional experience in project design and implementation, management, and training;
• Experience as a trainer and coach, both formal and informal;
• Familiarity with NAPWA, ANDS, and USAID’s Gender Policies and Strategies;
• Ability to lead and serve as an effective member on a variety of teams;
• Very strong interpersonal communication skills (written and oral);
• Demonstrated writing ability and previous experience in report writing;
• High level proficiency in MS Office applications;
• High level multi-tasking capabilities;
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari;
• Must be willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours; and
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation activities; baseline studies, data quality control, analysis and reporting.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, M & E
Please send your CV and a cover letter that explains your suitability to the position along with the Bio Data Form. Female are highly encourage to apply.
Write clearly in the subject line of your email the job title and number.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Curriculum Development Advisor at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|M&E Officer at MAIL||Baghlan||23 Jul 2018|
|MARKETING OFFICER at Sky Travel and Tours||Balkh||31 Jul 2018|
|Provincial Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) As.. at The Asia Foundation||Multi Cities||28 Jul 2018|