Senior Procurement Specialist(363 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
The Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received funds for AAIP/MAIL. The objective of the Project is strengthening institutional capacity for safety and reliability of agricultural inputs and sustainable production of certified wheat seed. The project will deliver a variety of interventions in the agricultural inputs sector. First, the project will increase production of certified seeds and develop local capacity for continued development of the seed industry. Second, it will develop accredited facilities and regulatory frameworks for safety and quality control of inputs. Third, the project will implement capacity building programs that will contribute to appropriate handling, storage and use of fertilizers and other agro-chemicals. Fourth, the project will design and operationalize a demand-led action plan to improve and develop market based input delivery systems for seeds, fertilizers, other agro-chemicals, and farm machinery & equipment. The main focus will be on wheat (the major staple crop) but industrial crops, vegetable crops and perennial horticulture crops will also be included in project activities.
The objective of this assignment is to assist AAIP, Procurement Section with procurement of goods, works, services and non-consulting services so as to minimize time delays and to ensure that the assigned tasks are implemented within the original time schedule and project costs; and that there is a transfer of know how on project management, implementation and procurement to the staff of the section.
Reporting & Supervision: The Senior Procurement Specialist will report to the Project Director, AAIP.
|Date Posted:||11 Nov 2017||Reference:||127/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||20 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement Specialist duties will include but will not be limited to the following:
• Overall implementation of the projects procurement and ensuring smooth implementation of each activity according to the Projects Implementation and procurement plan;
• Updates the Procurement Section with hard and soft copies of all standard World Bank and Afghan Ministry of Finance’s procurement documents, including the procurement law, tendering documents of all kinds, other procurement planning forms, etc in English and, if available, also in local languages, on a regular basis.
• Maintains smooth coordination of project procurement activities, and be responsible for following up with the relevant components and ministries departments on the achievement of all project targets;
• Primarily responsible in the coordination and preparation of Procurement plan for each year during October with all the stakeholders and submission to Bank by 1st week of November for the next year.
• The senior procurement specialist must be responsible for the review and updating of Procurement Manual, every month wherever it is necessary.
• Ensures, maintenance of project and contract administration records and the submission of reports;
• Monitors financial commitments and unspent balances against each contracts;
• Facilitates the procurement of all packages under the projects in consultation with the
all the component and ensure that all procurements are in accordance with the World Bank and Operation expenses as per Government of Afghanistan Procurement guidelines, this will include preparation of EOls, SPNs, bidding documents, RFPs, evaluation reports and contracts; and ensure the monitoring and evaluation of performance indicators and outcomes against the targets for the projects;
• Monitor the payments handled by Contract Management closely. Prepares other documents necessary to process disbursements and otherwise facilitate payments;
• Ensures that the AAIP Procurement is in compliance with all legal covenants of the projects; and rules and regulation of Bank’s Procurement Guidelines
• Oversee the preparation and updates and monitor the monthly work plans and Procurement plan of the AAIP Procurement Section.
• Proposes necessary steps or measures to overcome any critical delays to the completion of the projects procurement activities;
• Ensures that AAIP Procurement develops its institutional capacity to effectively implement the projects. In particular, throughout the assignment, provide on the job training to procurement staff in an effort to transfer skills and knowledge;
• Maintains official project records; establish a proper filing system for all relevant procurement documents and prepare needed reports and documents for the Project Director and to the Procurement Advisor weekly and or monthly about the status of procurement process.
• Provides technical assistance for the implementation of the various procurement activities and shall be directly responsible for the day to day management of the Procurement Section;
• Responsible for management and development of institutional and working relationships with the key stakeholders;
• Undertakes management tasks as deemed necessary in support of rapid procurement delivery and to implement tasks as assigned by Project Director of AAIP.
• He should have knowledge of e-procurement
• Theoretical knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards; good understanding of procurement techniques and practices used in the private sector and knowledge of market trends and sources of supply and equipment;
• Good understanding of internal procurement policies, practices and procedures; proven analytical skills, including ability to research and analyze data and develop recommendations on procurement contracts awards and related issues;
• Ability to obtain information, clarification and agreement on terms of contracts and/or specification requirements; demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given.
• He/she should have proven integrity and demonstrated honesty in the previous assignment.
• Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
• Ability to supervise about 10 staff and contribute to their skills and capacity building
• Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present procurement-related information/requirements and prepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style.
• Fluency in English in speech, writing and comprehension to the extent of easy comprehension of World Bank procurement documents. Working knowledge of Dari and/or Pashto is must.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• The selected candidate should be able to declare his/her moveable and immovable properties before joining. This will be verified by an independent agency.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, commerce, Law or similar fields from a recognized, accredited university. Preference will be given to those who are holding Master Degree in Business, Commerce, MCIPS, Material Management, Supply chain Management with three years of relevant experience.
• At least 7 years’ experience of public procurement with international donor funded projects such as World Bank, ADB, and IFAD etc; out of which a minimum of 4 years should be in the capacity of Procurement Specialist or Senior Procurement Officer.
• Direct work experience in procurement with the multilateral agencies, like World Bank, ADB financed project will be given preference over others
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Procurement
Send update CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Jamal Mena, Kabul Afghanistan Or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Do not attach recommendation and Education documents; these will be required only in interview stage.
*Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without cover letter, the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email.
*Only selected candidates will be called for interview. All applications will be checked and validated against the above mentioned requirements. Any un-matching C.V.will be automatically rejected.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
|Hospital Procurement Senior Advisor at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Procurement Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Procurement Clerk at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|Contracts Management Specialist at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Proje..||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|
|Store Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children||Kabul||18 Nov 2017|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|